Senior DevOps Engineer
Delivery Department – Alaiko /
NFQ Technologies is a software development company with 15+ years of know-how in large-scale web and mobile solutions for travel, logistics, aviation, sharing economy and omnichannel commerce.
We are looking for an ambitious Senior DevOps Engineer who is ready to join the development team for Alaiko!
Alaiko is building the logistics operating system that enables independent e-commerce DTC brands to finally grow as fast as the big ones. Their biggest problem: their logistics are stuck somewhere in the early Stone Age - too slow, too expensive, too analog.
Alaiko is changing that by providing digital access to a worldwide new fulfillment standard and a logistics operating system that helps to monitor, steer and automate the most time-consuming operational tasks with a few clicks.
This position is open in Vilnius or Kaunas.
In this role, you will
- Work as part of the Alaiko Engineering team and enable rapid product delivery
- Build and improve a professional state of the art cloud infrastructure based on AWS
- Continuously improve speed, efficiency, security and scalability of our infrastructure
- Utilize automation, tracking and monitoring to the max so that even under the highest pressure on Black Friday your platform works like a charm
- Solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context
- Develop and maintain automation tools to keep internal team's processes fast and efficient
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements to internal team process
- Drive development team’s innovations helping to get the most of AWS services and infrastructure
- Take ownership of system monitoring and uptime assurance
- Align best practices within NFQ and Alaiko teams and coach developers to adopt Cloud Native knowledge and best practices
What you will bring
- Broad experience as Cloud Native DevOps Engineer, building large-scale high-traffic applications
- At least 4 years of experience working with event-driven microservice architectures hosted on AWS
- Broad experience using AWS services such as RDS, SQS, SES, ECS, Fargate, Lambda, etc.
- You live and breathe the automation and concepts of modern cloud architecture
- You automate and measure everything (that makes sense)
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix and key services which makes web work (Nginx, Elasticsearch, MariaDB, Redis, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, TLS, and other TCP/IP protocols)
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring, logging and alerting systems
- Experience working with containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes (and the wisdom when to use them and when not ;))
- Experience working with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, Cloud formation, Ansible, Chef
- Experience in at least one functional or object-oriented programming language
- Experience with build automation systems and pipelines such as GitHub Actions, Jenkins, CircleCI
- Understanding of cloud security concepts
- Willingness to learn and constantly improve
- A sense of responsibility, good communication skills and a can-do approach!
What we offer
- A working culture that is high performing, ambitious, collaborative and fun
- Health insurance and a yearly training budget (local and international conferences, language courses), employee-led workshops
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited WFH (work from home) policy
- Salary commensurate with experience: EUR 4000 - 7000 gross
- Office perks and company events - SummerCamp, Christmas Party and much more - yes, we know how to do parties!
If you have questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (LinkedIn) or by phone at +370 684 07153
All our career opportunities are listed here