Senior Software Engineer (PHP)
HomeToGo – HTG Back-end /
NFQ is a core technology partner for HomeToGo – a dedicated team of software engineers and data science professionals driving innovation to power the marketplace with the world’s largest selection of vacation rentals. We are expanding HomeToGo’s technology team in Poland and are looking for the brightest talents to join this growing company.
HomeToGo is the marketplace with the world's largest selection of vacation rentals, listing millions of offers from thousands of trusted partners, including Booking.com, Vrbo and TripAdvisor. From vacation homes, cabins, beach houses, apartments, condos, house boats, castles, farm stays and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
Founded in 2014, HomeToGo operates localized apps & websites in 25 countries across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific. HomeToGo also operates brands such as Agriturismo.it, AMIVAC, Casamundo, CaseVacanza.it, e-domizil, EscapadaRural, Tripping.com and Wimdu.
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (PHP) for the Accommodation Decision and Checkout team. You will play a pivotal role in our platform's success by joining the team responsible for enhancing the rental details page and checkout process. Your expertise in PHP development will be crucial in delivering seamless user experiences and optimizing the booking flow for our users.
In this role, you will
- Write clean, efficient and maintainable code, adhering to coding standards and best practices to ensure the platform's stability and scalability
- Identify and address technical challenges and bottlenecks related to the technology stack to continuously improve the platform's functionality and user experience
- Conduct thorough code reviews and provide constructive feedback to maintain code quality and ensure compliance with the technology stack
- Choose adequate technical and business metrics to monitor features and manage the risk
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other developers, to plan, design, and implement new features and improvements to the rental details page and checkout process using PHP and Symfony framework
What you will bring
- Expert knowledge of recent PHP & Symfony versions
- Ability to split complex projects into milestones, set expected delivery dates in a way that each release has clear business value, ideally measurable
- Experience in building scalable systems
- Practical communication skills and the ability to work in a group
- Professional working proficiency in English and in Lithuanian
What we offer
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition, autonomy and quarterly transparency about company goals. A focus on work-life balance, combined with consistent collaboration and support from a team of 30+ nationalities
- Compensation of attractive salary, health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, business trips to Berlin
Salary range: € 4500 - 7500 gross / month
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check all our career opportunities here.