Senior Software Engineer (Magento)
Remote in Lithuania /
valantic LT – Back-end /
We are celebrating a major milestone in our history: we are starting a new company in Lithuania for our partner, the high-end Western European technology company valantic. Together with valantic, we are establishing a technology and innovation competence center in Lithuania — valantic LT.
valantic is one of the fastest-growing digital solutions, consulting, and software companies in Western Europe. Among valantic’s clients are more than 500 blue chip clients, including 28 of the 40 companies listed on Germany’s DAX stock index as well as large Swiss and Austrian companies, and many prominent medium-sized companies such as Thyssenkrupp, Siemens, AOK, Coop, Telefonica.
Here at valantic LT we are putting a strong team of IT professionals in Lithuania to work with valantic’s clients, offering fascinating projects and growth opportunities that are rarely seen in the Lithuanian IT market.
We’re establishing new team which will adopt Magento technology in valantic LT. The team is going to work on Magento2 based e-commerce projects. Therefore, we are looking for a Senior Magento Software Engineer to join us. At valantic LT you will have the remarkable chance to form the core of a new IT organization in Lithuania and take on serious technological challenges, working with major e-commerce clients of global renown and importance.
In this role, you will
- Work with an agile team of IT professionals on challenging tasks
- Own and create tech solutions in PHP with Laminas and Magento2 system
- Write “clean”, well-designed code
- Develop large-scale digital and e-commerce systems with performance and scalability in mind
- Work hand in hand with your teammates seeking the right solutions
- Participate in daily scrum activities: planning, daily, retrospectives, etc.
- Plan your tasks and deliver results according to those plans
- Be around people who are passionate about coding and who motivate and encourage each other to grow
What you will bring
- At least 5 years of experience in developing systems in PHP using OOP
- Experience with enterprise frameworks, ideally Laminas framework
- Proven experience with Magento2 based projects
- Good understanding of relational databases, query optimization
- Practical understanding of clean code principles e.g SOLID and DRY
- Experience with Git, Docker, xDebug, Blackfire
- Experience with setting up and optimizing CI/CD
- Familiarity with RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch and Redis
- Excellent communication, great problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- Professional working proficiency in English
What we offer
- A working culture that is high performing, ambitious, collaborative and fun
- Health insurance and a yearly training budget (local and international conferences, language courses), employee-led workshops and dedicated time for learning
- 5 additional paid holiday days per year and 1 additional paid holiday days each 3 years
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited WFH (work from home) policy
- Home office set up budget
- Salary commensurate with experience: EUR 3960 - 6435 gross
- Bonus for referrals
- For those who like to live out of a suitcase: WFA (work from anywhere) possibilities in valantic LT-approved countries
- Office perks, team activities and company-wide entertainment — we have excellent knowledge about how to have fun
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Linkedin.
Check all our career opportunities here.