Chief Front-end Architect
HomeToGo – HTG Front-end
HomeToGo: a company built around the idea of finding the ideal accommodation for every trip. In just five years since its founding, the company has expanded and now operates 23 local websites in Europe, America, and the Asia-Pacific region. It has become the world’s largest vacation rental search engine, with brands like CASAMUNDO & Tripping. With over 17 million vacation rental offers worldwide, from more than 800 travel websites like Airbnb, booking.com, HomeAway, TripAdvisor, and more, we make finding and booking a vacation rental easier than ever!
We are looking for Chief Front-end Architect - a key person to shape Front-end architecture on a company level and authority over >20 front-end engineers embedded into end-to-end product teams. You will join a dynamic and ambitious tech organisation combining Extreme Programming, DevOps, test-driven and trunk-based development principles to maximise business value. Clearly defined feedback processes, performance evaluation, job leveling system, transparency on company goals create an empowering environment for personal growth and career development. You will contribute to a modern single page application built on React/Redux, designed to support A/B testing and canary releases, so every improvement can be evaluated in terms of business impact.
- Drive Front-end development strategy and long-term vision on a company level. Align architecture, technical solutions and standards across all engineering teams
- Lead Performance team of 3-6 engineers, directly contributing to your initiatives on accelerating website speed and tech excellence with a tangible business impact. Drive initiative roadmap, measure success by data analysis and interpretation of A/B test results, regularly present progress to senior management
- Empower, coach and mentor, coordinate learning initiatives for front-end software engineers: content acquisitions, training, conferences
What you will bring
- Expert-level knowledge on modern Front-end tools: React/Redux, Angular or similar
- Experience on building large scale single-page applications
- Expert-level knowledge on functional programming, design patterns
- Up-to-date knowledge on Browser API’s, Progressive Web Apps
- Work experience as a team leader
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a group of highly skilled developers and product owners
- Fluency in English
What we offer
- Culture of empowerment, trust, recognition and autonomy that is also high performing, ambitious, collaborative and fun
- Career of growth opportunities and promotions, 360 feedback, performance evaluation system, and mentoring from an international and distinguished team
- Health insurance, additional holidays, flexible working hours, training budget, language courses, employee-led workshops, office perks, frequent team building and company events, occasional business trips to Berlin
- Salary commensurate with expertise and experience: EUR 7500 - 10000 gross
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +370 684 07153.