Director of Social Media and Audience Development
The Director of Social media and Audience Development will play a critical role in the management and distribution of the content we create as well as the community we are building. This role will manage all audience development, analysis, content calendars, social copywriting, and content posting across our editorial and social channels. They will also play a key role in ensuring we're always optimizing our content, leveraging native features to drive organic visibility, and reporting on content performance so we can continually double down on the content types and tactics that are driving the most growth.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Editorial, Product, Video and Sales, to develop and execute data-driven audience growth plans that are consistent with nft now’s editorial mission across a variety of platforms to maximize engagement and customer monetization.
- Responsible for developing and executing upon distribution strategies across multiple platforms that amplify and extend the reach of the brand’s content via SEO, newsletters, social, partnerships, and more.
- Develop social media strategy, creating best practices that grow and optimize social media footprint, community and engagement across channels.
- Prepare, post and schedule content across all social platforms for weekdays, overnights and weekends, including a mix of breaking news and evergreen content.
- Manage internal approval process with founding and executive teams for final review on content, captions and scheduling.
- Work closely with the editorial team to identify new content strategy opportunities, and advise on day-to-day optimizations, such as with headlines for search and social media. Lead periodic workshops on best practices.
- Identify new growth opportunities and best practices based on emerging digital trends, competitive business intelligence, and consumer insight.
- Define measurement and testing strategy, and use analytical deep dives to identify new content opportunities for brand growth.
- Communicate audience sentiment and responses to appropriate management and editorial staff.
- Work closely with founding and leadership teams to determine and meet growth and consumer-driven KPIs and ensure that they align with the overall editorial and revenue strategy.
- Leverage native in-app features across platforms to increase organic visibility while posting.
- Present top content breakdowns & growth insights on a weekly and monthly basis while presenting creative ideas for all channels and actively participating in brainstorms.
- Monitor and analyze traffic activities to determine what does and doesn't work why.
- Track ROI on all campaigns using various analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, ChartBeat, etc.
- Stay ahead of the curve on industry and social media trends and opportunities and represent the company internally and externally on key industry committees and at key industry events
- Regularly write and copy edit, captions, descriptions, titles, etc. for all social content, including social news graphics, carousels, videos, etc. while responding to comments and DM’s across all channels.
- Must be Web3 native and passionate about NFT’s (please do not apply if you are not familiar and are actively engaged in web3 and NFT communities)
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in a related field (journalism, communications, marketing, analytics, business) required. Graduate degree is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience managing social media channels with a strong track record for driving growth across platforms (including social media and owned and operated platforms i.e newsletters, .com, discords, group chats)
- Self-starter and proactive
- Entrepreneurial, digitally savvy, with exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Combined experience with journalism and editorial social voices
- Expert understanding of algorithmic nuances across platforms (i.e. IG vs. TW)
- nft now is an award-winning publication for web3 news, feature and analysis. Our mission is to empower the creators of culture and bring web3 technology from niche to mainstream. Web3 represents a singular opportunity to redefine how creators and communities share in the value they create, and we believe this technology will power a new economic model for creatives across all disciplines. As a diverse and multidisciplinary team, we embrace a culture of innovation, celebration and accountability as we work to build a more meaningful future through positive social impact and amplification of the voices that need to be heard.
nft now is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.