Associate Director, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
South San Francisco /
Finance & Accounting – Accounting /
NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering and developing the next generation of medicines for the treatment of serious diseases. Our experienced scientific team has joined forces with an impressive group of industry professionals, Nobel Laureates and other distinguished researchers to build a company where innovation and cutting-edge science has provided the foundation for a robust drug discovery engine that has a track record of generating one new IND candidate per year. NGM’s current pipeline of clinical-stage programs consists of five drug candidates targeting liver and metabolic diseases, retinal diseases and cancer. The most advanced drug candidate, aldafermin (NGM282), is in Phase 2b clinical studies in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) and is wholly-owned by NGM. Another drug candidate, NGM621, is in a Phase 2 study in geographic atrophy (GA) secondary to age-related macular degeneration (AMD). NGM’s strategic collaboration with Merck, with a current term running to March 2022, provides us with the resources and flexibility to pursue our ambitious R&D goals and further extend our pipeline of novel drug candidates.
As a publicly traded biotech company, NGM is looking for an Associate Director, SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting leader to join a growing team and exciting company. The ideal candidate has a high sense of urgency, laser focus on detail and accuracy, and loves being part of a hard-working, committed and fun team. This candidate will be responsible for maintaining accurate and timely corporate financial and accounting records and reports, overseeing NGM’s procure-to-pay accounting operations and preparing all SEC filings. A candidate who is a strong people leader, has excellent technical accounting skills, and is able to lead accurate and timely external reporting will succeed in this role. This person must have a passion for interpreting US GAAP and other accounting guidance into written memoranda and accounting transactions. At each month-end close, this candidate is responsible for preparing or reviewing accounting entries requiring high accounting acumen (e.g. stock compensation expense and clinical accruals). This position reports to the Controller.
- Coordinate with Finance & Accounting and Legal to prepare and file all SEC documents (e.g. Form 10K, 10Q, 8-K, Proxy, Press Release, XBRL
- Collaborate with the Controller and department leaders on disclosure updates, including risk factors and MD&A
- Prepare quarterly disclosure checklists
- Lead the monthly close with the Controller and Sr. Accounting Manager
- Lead technical analyses and document accounting position memoranda in the following areas: revenue recognition (ASC 606), lease accounting (ASC 842), equity compensation (ASC 718), cash flows preparation, new accounting pronouncements
- Manage accounting operations to ensure compliance with GAAP and SOX
- Maintain oversight of the procure-to-pay process, including assisting with approving payments and maintaining efficient processes and systems
- Compile equity journal entries and account reconciliations
- Team up with the Equity/ Payroll Manager on equity administration
- Other accounting and reporting projects as assigned
- Current California CPA License
- Prior Big 4 accountant
- Use of Active Disclosure a plus
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Four years of experience in roles of ascending responsibility
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience is a plus
- Outstanding ability to communicate complex information quickly (written and verbal)
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite tools
- Excellent team work and collaboration skills
NGM offers a creative, collaborative, highly challenging scientific environment, along with a strong compensation package that includes salary, stock options, 401(k) and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should apply through the NGM Biopharmaceuticals website: https://www.ngmbio.com/open-positions/
We have become aware of false offers of employment being made by individuals impersonating NGM representatives in order to collect personal information and/or payment. Please exercise caution when receiving unsolicited recruiting offers. NGM always lists all open positions on the NGM careers page and all employment applications must be submitted through our online portal. NGM will never solicit payment or payment information from candidates. Please be advised that NGM is not currently hiring in any countries other than the US. We never request that candidate information be sent to a non-ngmbio.com email address.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency résumés. NGM Bio is not responsible for any fees related to résumés that are unsolicited.