Bangalore, India /
Technology – Engineering /
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for building the next generation tools to help Nielsen’s audience measurement. The candidate will collaborate with Product, Dsci & operations teams to ensure that the software is built per specifications and with the highest quality. The candidate must be a self starter with a desire to understand our unique business and the associated technical challenges. This requires a self-managed strong technical candidate that can take special projects from inception to completion.
- Build, test, maintain and extend Big Data Pipeline processing large datasets pertaining to Audience Measurement;
- Extensive programming experience and desire to write review code 90% of the time.
- 2-7 years experience of working with Scala, Java with appreciation for Object Oriented and functional programming paradigms. Familiarity with Python is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Spark, Spark SQL, Hive and Hadoop.
- Experience with building CICD pipelines in GitLab for applications running on AWS EMR & Kubernetes (EKS)
- Deep understanding of AWS services and hands-on experience of using Terraform or Cloudformation templates.
- Proven track record of developing large scale enterprise BigData systems using Agile, TDD & DevOps methodologies.
- Experience using monitoring and alert orchestration tools such as DataDog, NewRelic, OpsGenie/PagerDuty (or equivalent).
- Ability to debug, performance tune large scale BigData applications.
- Proven track record on delivering enterprise software solutions using Agile scrum methodology.