Corporate – Human Resources /
Full Time /
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
Develop and execute comprehensive rewards strategies for Compensation and Global Benefits. This role involves collaborating with the Business Unit Chief Human Resources Officer (BU CHRO), global compensation and benefits leadership, and business leaders to design and implement diverse compensation and benefits programs across multiple regions (North America, EMEA, APAC and LATAM). The incumbent will lead a team of compensation and benefits professionals, as well as critical cyclical processes, including salary review, promotions, bonus payout, and job leveling, ensuring fairness and alignment with organizational objectives. Furthermore, effective communication of our rewards programs to all stakeholders will be vital to drive employee engagement and support the success of our global business units.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Collaborate with the Business Unit CHRO, business leaders, and our global Compensation and Benefits leadership to develop and implement global compensation and benefits strategies that attract, retain, and motivate the right talent for the Business Unit.
- Lead the design and implementation of diverse compensation and benefits programs tailored to meet the unique needs of our global workforce, including salary structures, short and long-term incentive plans, job architecture and leveling, and compensation policies and procedures.
- Oversee cyclical processes, including salary review/merit, promotions, bonus payout, and job leveling, ensuring fairness and consistency across the organization.
- Develop communication plans to effectively articulate our compensation and benefits programs to all stakeholders, fostering understanding and engagement.
- Provide leadership to a team of compensation and benefits professionals to achieve regional C&B goals while developing their careers.
- Conduct regular assessments and analyses to evaluate the effectiveness of existing rewards programs and propose data-driven enhancements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (HRBPs, Finance, Payroll, HRIS, Business, external consultants and vendors, works councils/unions, etc.) to ensure seamless delivery and execution of compensation and benefits initiatives aligned with organizational goals.
- Drive discussions and negotiations on compensation-related matters with internal and external stakeholders.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CCP, GRP) would be preferred.
- Proven experience in leadership roles within Compensation and Benefits, with a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in designing and implementing global rewards programs.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of compensation and benefits professionals. Demonstrated ability to attract, manage, and develop a high performing team; ability to influence behavior both with and without direct authority.
- Strong knowledge of global compensation and benefits trends, best practices, and regulatory requirements across multiple regions.
- Demonstrated experience in both market / global line of business compensation.
- Strong builder of relationships. Able to connect and advise leaders within the business.
- Robust analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams; strategically focused on continuous improvement.