Quality Assurance Specialist
Lane Cove, Australia /
Technology – Engineering /
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a motivated QA Specialist who is looking to grow their career in a collaborative and forever growing team. You'll be working closely with the Quality Assurance Manager and help path the way for Automation as well as being responsible for providing other test services, including test preparation, execution and defect reporting. As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will be involved in Testing and in the development of Automation Strategies/Processes
Nielsen TAM is the source of truth for media ratings. We deliver high quality and consistent data 365 days a year. Our products drive an industry to analyse, trade and understand audiences and the media that is being consumed. We are critical for media organisations, adtech platforms and media buyers to select content, position content, sell, buy and interrogate audiences across the content. The Nielsen TAM team has transitioned from a TV only focus to a cross media focus as we evolve with the way people consume content across devices and new more fragmented platforms
- Software Development Testing (Output of New Features)
- Data Output testing
- Client Dashboard (Web UI) UI and Display result testing
- Market Report testing
- Management of testing clone environments
- Live/Staging and QA environment management
- Testing procedures to support the role of data science and validating their work acceptance/rejection criteria design, implementation and managing ongoing process
- Cross-functional liaison as required between departments
- Successful transition from prototype to scaled implementation
- Operations Team, Client reporting accuracy (Daily, Weekly, Quarterly, Annual)
- Morning Delivery accountability (BAU services and new projects)
- Streaming reporting accuracy
- Identifying areas of efficiency to speed up the QA processes.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 3 - 5 years' in QA or Software Testing experience (including Automation)
- Strong SQL skills
- Testing qualification (e.g. ISTQB) desirable
- Ability to work across multiple methodologies
- Experience in Business Analysis
- Previous experience with Tricentis Tosca, BI Projects and Tableau is desirable
- Cross-functional liaison between departments
- Agile methodology process understanding
- Identifying areas that require additional QA
- Analytical thinking - be able to use analytical thinking when faced with ambiguous problems/issues and construct models or conceptual frameworks for understanding and solving problems
- Lateral thinking - Ask open-ended questions to probe and surface new ideas to create novel ways to solve problems/business issue
- Logical reasoning - ability to use rational thinking to arrive at solutions based on defensible evidence/data at hand.
- Systems thinking - ability to think strategically on a broader level to identify cause and effect relationships and their impact on business systems
- Describing - ability to explain complex business issues related to systems in a clear, understandable and concise manner.
- Questioning - ask questions that help people clarify their own thought process and uncover the root cause of problems/issues
- Initiative - ability to work independently and proactively to self-motivate the effective use of time and resources to complete a project.
- Wisdom - ability to enable a solution to emerge based on multiple and diverse perspectives
- Learning orientation - display commitment to continually acquire knowledge and skills in order to improve and progress.
- Results orientation - continually display a predominant concern for doing things better than the established standard of excellence and seek to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results
- Collaborative - willingness to share ideas and information with team members in order to achieve a common goal
WHY WORK FOR NIELSEN?
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. Your manager and others within the Nielsen community are here to help support and invest in your continuous growth.
Nielsen promotes work life balance by offering Flexible (Smart) working, a day off for your Birthday, a ‘No leave No life’ policy which rewards you with bonus annual leave days per year, volunteering leave, and paid parental leave for both carers.
Be a Learn-It-All. Nielsen invests in the growth and development of our team offering an Education assist program, a global mentoring program, and access to internal training and development resources via online platforms.
Your wellbeing is our priority. We partner with Spring Health for our EAP offering counseling and support for our staff and their family. In addition we focus on holistic wellness with dedicated activities on physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do — from our people to our products. We value diversity of thought, experiences, skills and backgrounds. We're focused on creating a culture of inclusion—where we value, encourage and promote the various thoughts, opinions and insights of our diverse workforce. All employees have an opportunity to contribute to the causes they are most passionate about via our Business Resource Groups.