Snr Software Engineer (.net / C++)
Lane Cove, Australia /
Technology – Engineering /
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our tools are syndicated analytical and reporting tools working with new and traditional Media data : Television, Radio, Digital Online, Press, Cinema, Outdoor and other minor. As part of this team you will have the opportunity to work in a young multicultural high performance environment that will give you the possibility to work with other teams in the Nielsen Media business space.
The Senior Software Engineer\Software Specialist is ultimately responsible for delivering technical solutions: starting from the project's onboard until post launch support and including development, testing and user acceptance. It is expected to coordinate, support and work with multiple delocalized project teams in multiple regions. The Software Engineer reports to the Organization Technology Manager/Lead to ensure new product launches and existing deployments are satisfying our International client base in 37+ countries.
- Consulting with stakeholders to determine the scope of software development projects.
- Collaborating with the team on application design and development.
- Developing software and overseeing the deployment of applications across platforms.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures.
- Creating end-user application feedback channels.
- Optimizing software by performing maintenance, updates, and upgrades.
- Documenting processes and maintaining software development records.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of industry experience in software development.
- Must-Have - Strong practical knowledge of C++, C# .NET, programming for Windows OS
- Nice to Have - Knowledge of MFC, WPF
- Nice to Have - Knowledge of Web Technologies experience in Asp.net core with a single page
- Scrum Agile development experience (RAD, XP, LEAN, FDD, KANBAN are a plus) and TDD.
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles.
- Relational database systems (MS SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Must have a CAN-DO attitude
WHY WORK FOR NIELSEN?
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. Your manager and others within the Nielsen community are here to help support and invest in your continuous growth.
Nielsen promotes work life balance by offering Flexible (Smart) working, a day off for your Birthday, a ‘No leave No life’ policy which rewards you with bonus annual leave days per year, volunteering leave, and paid parental leave for both carers.
Be a Learn-It-All. Nielsen invests in the growth and development of our team offering an Education assist program, a global mentoring program, and access to internal training and development resources via online platforms.
Your wellbeing is our priority. We partner with Spring Health for our EAP offering counseling and support for our staff and their family. In addition we focus on holistic wellness with dedicated activities on physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do — from our people to our products. We value diversity of thought, experiences, skills and backgrounds. We're focused on creating a culture of inclusion—where we value, encourage and promote the various thoughts, opinions and insights of our diverse workforce. All employees have an opportunity to contribute to the causes they are most passionate about via our Business Resource Groups.