Lane Cove, Australia /
Technology – Engineering /
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Lab Technician, you will be supporting in maintaining Nielsen TAM equipments and part of technician team to assist in repairing and test Nielsen TAM equipments
- Provide regular updates and reporting of stock
- Utilise stock management software and other available sources to regularly track stock
- Keep accurate stock records
- Maintain a sufficient working supply of metering equipment
- Ensure the repair centers have an adequate repair pool
- Liaise with area managers and field technicians to maintain regular flow of faulty equipment to the store
- Ensure the area operates within the Nielsen TAM ISO management system including:
- Participation in internal and external audits
- Maintain awareness of privacy requirements and the Nielsen TAM Information Security Policy
- Maintain and keep well organized the store area
- Checking and put-away of incoming stock
- Organize and maintain stock in the store area in an orderly and easy to identify groups.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Knowledge of Excel & Word (intermediate level preferred)
- Pick and pack experience
- Distribution knowledge
- Working knowledge of stock management software
- Awareness of the ISO management systems specifically:Information security and Privacy
- Ability to analyse existing stock levels and predict future needs and requirements.
- Be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written format with all levels of the organisation.
- Display ability to retrieve all reports from the field in timely and efficient manner
WHY WORK FOR NIELSEN
- At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. Your manager and others within the Nielsen community are here to help support and invest in your continuous growth.
- Nielsen promotes work life balance by offering Flexible (Smart) working, a day off for your Birthday, a ‘No leave No life’ policy which rewards you with bonus annual leave days per year, volunteering leave, and paid parental leave for both carers.
- Be a Learn-It-All. Nielsen invests in the growth and development of our team offering an Education assist program, a global mentoring program, and access to internal training and development resources via online platforms.
- Your wellbeing is our priority. We partner with Spring Health for our EAP offering counseling and support for our staff and their family. In addition we focus on holistic wellness with dedicated activities on physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do — from our people to our products. We value diversity of thought, experiences, skills and backgrounds. We're focused on creating a culture of inclusion—where we value, encourage and promote the various thoughts, opinions and insights of our diverse workforce. All employees have an opportunity to contribute to the causes they are most passionate about via our Business Resource Groups.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and act. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, inquisitive colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!