Customer Support Specialist
Customer Service – Customer Support/Care /
Full Time /
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
The Customer Support Specialist provides day-to-day support to new and existing customers. These activities require working with internal cross-functional technical groups and external customers business and engineering teams to drive successful delivery of customer implementations and proactively ensure the on-going success of customer accounts.
- Serve as the primary contact and provide first-level support for clients.
- Respond, evaluate, troubleshoot and prioritize incoming product-related issues and effectively escalate to various technical support staff when needed
- Logs and tracks calls using Salesforce tracking software and maintains historical records and related problem documentation.
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal departments to resolve customer-related issues or requests.
- Work in conjunction with Sales and Product Development staff to create and deliver new/and/or custom products and samples are required by clients.
- Provide on-call support – beeper coverage rotation required 24/7 (approximately every 8 weeks)
- Support CX team on projects and initiatives from time to time
High-Level Responsibilities :
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of supported products and continually strives to enhance skills through ongoing training, reading, and participating in projects and improvement initiatives.
Core Capabilities :
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and 2 - 4 years experience in a customer facing role.
- Must possess strong customer service skills, emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in research and resolution of problems using analytical skills in a digital environment is strongly preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimum supervision and assume responsibility for appropriate follow-through.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing work environment while maintaining stability of performance under pressure and to demonstrate patience and control when dealing with difficult situations.
- Ability to organize, schedule and complete multiple tasks concurrently.
Additional Skills / Experience Required :
- Working knowledge of business software/applications - Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, etc.
- Basic knowledge of custom software applications used at the Gracenote Queensbury NY office is helpful.
- Spanish, French and or Portuguese language skills are a plus.