Meter QC Engineer
Lane Cove, Australia /
Technology – Engineering /
At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be responsible over Test, Develop, Repair and Modify our Television Audience Measurement Equipment based in our engineering lab.
- Test and Develop Proprietary TAM Equipment: Test all versions of proprietary hardware, firmware and software to determine its suitability for release to Field Technicians.
- Identify development improvements to the meter and accessory hardware.
- Document compliance successes and failures and provide feedback to the Field Engineer.
- Repair and Modify TAM Equipment: Conduct repairs and alterations to surface-mount components on printed circuit boards.
- Develop improved repair procedures.
- Maintain and update the meter repair log.
- Maintain repair component stock levels and order replenishment stock.
- Identify and document improved repair techniques.
- Provide support and training for Lab Technicians when required.
- Provide telephone and direct support for all Field technicians when required.
- Develop Field Manuals, Engineering Documents and Reports
- Document installation procedural changes and develop documentation and reports for alterations to our Proprietary TAM equipment.
- Develop Engineering reports for improved or altered installation procedures.
- Provide repair reports to the Field Process Manager when required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Certificate in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunications is the minimum prerequisite for this position.
- A high level of experience in developing, repairing, testing and servicing electronic equipment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Google Drive and Google Docs would be an advantage.
- Able to work in a methodical manner and can be relied upon to produce error free work.
- Consistently delivers to a standard that fully meets expectations and deadlines.
- When assigned work, demonstrates confidence and a willingness to run with the assignments. Pro-actively identifies problem areas and addresses them immediately. Demonstrates personal drive to complete tasks to required timescales and quality standards.
WHY WORK FOR NIELSEN
- At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. Your manager and others within the Nielsen community are here to help support and invest in your continuous growth.
- Nielsen promotes work life balance by offering Flexible (Smart) working, a day off for your Birthday, a ‘No leave No life’ policy which rewards you with bonus annual leave days per year, volunteering leave, and paid parental leave for both carers.
- Be a Learn-It-All. Nielsen invests in the growth and development of our team offering an Education assist program, a global mentoring program, and access to internal training and development resources via online platforms.
- Your wellbeing is our priority. We partner with Spring Health for our EAP offering counseling and support for our staff and their family. In addition we focus on holistic wellness with dedicated activities on physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do — from our people to our products. We value diversity of thought, experiences, skills and backgrounds. We're focused on creating a culture of inclusion—where we value, encourage and promote the various thoughts, opinions and insights of our diverse workforce. All employees have an opportunity to contribute to the causes they are most passionate about via our Business Resource Groups.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and act. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, inquisitive colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!