Business Development Executive (based at Penang)
Penang, Malaysia /
Commercial – Corporate Sales /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
- To develop and aggressively win new customer opportunities.
- To manage a portfolio of customers and potential customers via personal sales visits and using face to face contact to provide a ‘personalized service’.
- To build a strong client relationship to ensure that the account performs and grows to its maximum potential, reducing attrition rate and minimizing opportunities for competitors to gain business.
- To prepare weekly updates on pipelines and target achievements, review of opportunities and business plans.
- To provide regular updates and resolution on business challenges, customer satisfaction and account receivables.
- To work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure cross-functional collaboration while ensuring that high quality of service is delivered.
- To act as the customers’ main point of contact, by liaising closely with relevant departments within Ninja van to ensure that their queries, problems or issues are dealt appropriately.
- To ensure co-operation with other members of the sales team and throughout the sales force.
- To implement and execute sales activities to achieve target budgets and maximize growth within the existing customer base.
- To conduct presentations of products and present customized offers to customers.
- To analyze and monitor customer data to measure success and identify fluctuations/trends to decide on the relevant actions to be taken.
- To maintain customer business information and update business activities in CRM system.
- To do other tasks given by a superior from time-to-time.
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years of working experience in Sales field.
- Experiences in the logistics or e-commerce industry is preferred.
- Proficient in written and spoken English and Bahasa.
- Result and customer oriented.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Able to adapt to changing business dynamics and varying customers’ needs.
- Advance interpersonal skills.
Submit a job application