Logistics Manager (Cebu City)
Visayas, Philippines /
Operations – Fleet /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds every in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
Oversee all operations and expansion under his territory. The role will lead a team of Area Managers who in turn will oversee a team of ground Station Heads. The Regional Manager will be responsible for the operational health of the region, leading the team of Area Managers and their respective Station Heads, and working with the Operation Unit Managers to improve operational efficiency or productivity.
This role will entail high level of responsibility but with it a high level of autonomy and management exposure.
- Understand the impact of hub level operations and gaps to the achievement of country-level business goals.
- Regularly report launch updates to the Head of Fleet.
- Monitor the Area Manager’s progress against timelines in opening hubs.
- Conduct final interviews for Station Heads.
- Take lead in the training and development of the Area Managers on basic operational duties and leadership responsibility, and ensure their preparedness for the role.
- Manage the Area Managers and Station Heads of the Region Cluster and improve the capabilities of the team through an active role in training and recruitment.
- Conduct performance appraisals of Area Managers, identify areas of strengths and improvements, and plan improvement interventions and set new milestones.
- Study and monitor the performance metrics (ie. SLA adherence, CMI rate) of each region and provide insights and interventions to sustain and improve the metrics.
- Conduct a thorough review of station audit reports, identify best practices and plan on standardizing best practices across stations. Conversely, spot common and pressing improvement areas or operational gaps and provide short and long term corrective interventions or recommend process improvements.
- Escalate problems when necessary in order for Management to provide timely solutions.
- Oversee all Last Mile (Delivery and Hybrid) operations in his/her respective Region Cluster, takes ownership of Cluster level KPIs and related process improvement initiatives.
- Report to the Head of Fleet, carry out his / her directives, and contribute to the overall strategy & practices of Last Mile.
- Represent the Region Cluster of Last Mile when coordinating with other Operations Unit Heads to resolve major issues.
- Cascade new or revised operation protocols or internal company policies to assigned regional area and ensure compliance at the hub level.
- Ensure that all Area Managers implement financial audits and compliance interventions. Thoroughly check and endorse for approval/disapproval station expenses on a regular basis to ensure good cash flow and to prevent or catch fraud.
- Provide final recommendations on rider related disciplinary cases.
- Candidates must be a college graduate.
- Must have a relevant experience in Delivery Service Logistics Operations.
- Must be process driven, organized, data driven and analytical, and critical thinker.
- Must be proficient in using MS Excel and Google Sheets.
- Must have a geographical knowledge or familiarity of the assigned region.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Amenable to be assigned in Cebu City.
Submit a job application