Metro Manila & Greater Manila Area, Philippines /
HR & Corporate Service – Legal /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Legal Associate will act as an in-house corporate counsel ensuring that the company is legally compliant in all aspects of its operations.
This role shall be permanently stationed at the Company’s Head Office and shall report directly to the Head of Legal and Compliance.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating clinical trial agreements and other contracts.
- Adapting company contract templates to the requirements of clients and other corporate departments.
- Preparing, reviewing, and drafting corporate documents and other legal documents.
- Providing legal support within the legal department and cross-functionally to other company departments.
- Supporting compliance with company policies, procedures, and instructions.
- Represent the company in any action or case filed against the company.
- Assist the Head of Legal and Compliance in ensuring compliance with all governmental requirements.
- Identifying and researching various legal issues and assessing their impact on the business.
- Assist in any other legal matters as and when requested.
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issues and advising executives within the company.
- Working alongside with other departments within the company. Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals.
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Providing training to the Company on legal topics.
- Perform such other tasks and functions that may be assigned to him by the department.
- Knowledge in Philippine Labor Laws, Criminal Law, and Civil Law
- Knowledgeable in GSuites such as Gdoc, Gsheets, Gslides, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses
- Values excellence, integrity, and fairness
- Can work and effectively communicate with a diverse team of different professional backgrounds and broad range of ages across all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Must have passed the Philippine Bar Exam
- Spoken and written fluency in English, Tagalog, and local dialect
Submit a job application