Head of Procurement
Metro Manila & Greater Manila Area, Philippines /
HR & Corporate Service – Procurement /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Head of Procurement will be leading the local procurement department who is responsible for all purchasing activities in Philippines, so he/she will be setting up procurement strategy, category strategy, sourcing, contracting, PO, stakeholder management, vendor management and the relevant online or offline systems, process and working flows.
While supporting talent management processes, the Head of Procurement will ensure the team members develop and exceed acceptable competency levels in utilizing procurement best practice processes, systems and tools. This role reports to the local Country Head and works closely with the regional procurement head.
As the Head of Procurement, you will help to develop procurement strategies and contract
compliance aligned to regional and local country needs, with the mission to deliver on 3 angles - efficient lead time, cost management, and risk compliance. We are looking for experienced candidate with good people management skills to provide guidance and coaching to the current procurement team, at the same time manages all internal and external stakeholders effectively in the best interest of the company.
- Build up the local procurement team to provide excellent support for the company in terms ofgetting the best rates and services in all sourcing activities, including but not limited towarehouse consumables, vehicles leasing and facilities management
- To implement sourcing strategy for vendors and suppliers to achieve cost efficiencies and riskmanagement that are in alignment with the company’s objectives
- Lead supplier selection process, and create longer-term supplier selection strategies
- Manage and optimise the sourcing process related to contract pricing, terms and conditions, service levels and governance
- Develop strong relationship and build trust with key stakeholders in the organisation to understand business needs and to establish and strengthen key procurement strategies
- Execute and adhere to regional procurement guidelines for tenders that are set by regional procurement team
- Bachelor's Degree Holder
- At least 6-8 years of experience in procurement in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in leading a team and believes in knowledge sharing to the team members
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in running all procurement projects
- Strong negotiation, people management and stakeholder engagement skills are vital to succeed in this role
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty in digging for data when it may not be easily available
- Can do attitude - we are a very lean team and many times responsibilities may fall out of
- One’s exact job description; we are looking for folks that are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must
- Strong procurement experience preferably in fast paced industries and can work well with
- ambiguity and short lead times
- Strong excel knowledge and presentation skills
- Familiarity and willingness to embrace startups culture
Why Join us ?
You can make a huge impact on the procurement department at the early stages of the company. You get to work with various stakeholders of the company, and you play a significant role in influencing the procurement processes and there are many cross functional collaboration opportunities in this role. You will increase your exposure in terms of procurement as you get to procure across various categories within the company.
Submit a job application