Category Manager (FMCG)
Subang Jaya, Malaysia /
Logistics+ – Ninja Mart /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
Ninjamart is focused on disrupting the FMCG distribution business with logistics assets across the region. As our business scales to meet customer demand. The goal is to enable our business model to grow speedily and sustainably.
As part of the Ninja Mart team, the Category Manager will focus on owning the relationship with key brand partners, focusing on growth activities, trade marketing initiatives and performance tracking.
Brand Managers also oversee the introduction of new products and services. To achieve their goals, they work closely with internal departments such as product development, marketing, sales and distribution, but also with external market research companies, advertising and sponsoring agencies.
- Own the relationship with key brand accounts, project managing shared objectives between the brand and Ninja Mart;
- Support and provide guidance during launch, including key activities such as customer sell-in and legal and administrative issues;
- Assess product launches and deployment in the local market, including pricing, place and positioning;
- Engage brands on large-scale trade marketing initiatives - including planning, rollout and progress tracking;
- Lead in ongoing analysis and review of consumer, category, customer, and competitor information as part of a situation assessment of brand performance and identify growth opportunities;
- Drive performance reporting with brands; focusing on SKU, category, customer level performance. Recommend solutions and implement improvements.
- Degree in business administration with a focus on marketing or public relations.
- At least 5-8 years of working experience preferred as Brand Manager, Key Account Management, Partnerships or Relationship Manager.
- Have the leadership qualities to potentially lead and grow the department in line with the business unit.
- Knowledgeable in end-to-end marketing management, ability to understand the big picture and are comfortable with details and managing the operations.
- Proven track record of delivering topline and marketing KPIs
- You are equipped with media-savvy, particularly in digital marketing and know-how.
- Comfortable with uncertainty - the role will evolve according to business needs
Submit a job application