Head of Shipper Operations
Metro Manila, Philippines /
Operations – Shipper Support /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Head of Shipper Operations handles all concerns related to shipper pick-ups and shipper experience.
The three main roles of the Head of Shipper Operations are, first, to ensure that all parcels ordered by customers are picked up from the sellers. The second is to enable the quick and safe return of parcels to sellers for various reasons such as items replaced due to warranty issues, undelivered items, and other delivery failure reasons. The third main role of the Head of Shipper Operations is to have the ability to retain new sellers in the Ninja Van network through ensuring that a simplified network of communications exist between operations, commercial, and sellers that allow for issues and concerns to be addressed by the teams on the ground in efficiently.
- Ensure all parcels ordered by consignees are picked up from the shippers/sellers.
- Ensure efficient, precise, and high-quality operational transactions through timely pickups.
- Enable the quick and return of parcels to sellers due to various delivery failure reasons (i.e. item replacement due to warranty issues, undelivered items, etc.)
- Build a simplified network of communications between the operations teams, commercial teams, and shippers for efficient concern and issue handling.
- College Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or other related fields. MBA and other professional certifications are a plus
- Solid experience in both working with sales/account management teams and operations teams.
- Proven experience in working cross-functionally - proposing and executing initiatives that require multi-department collaboration.
- Basic knowledge of various computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and other related software programs.
- Spoken and written fluency in both English and Tagalog
Submit a job application