Head of Legal
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam /
Corporate Legal – Legal /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
- Candidate’s primary role includes:
- Function head responsible for managing legal and regulatory matters in Vietnam.
- Lead and develop legal team (4 lawyers) to deliver high quality legal services in a
- fast-paced environment and ensuring that legal advice is commercially-savvy and
- legally defensible.
- Localisation and implementation of Ninja Van Group policies in Vietnam.
- Designing and implementing country-level legal processes, policies and training
- relating to contract process compliance and mitigation of legal and regulatory risks.
- Advising on, negotiating and preparing commercial contracts, supplier contracts and
- tender bid response.
- Advise on and manage the procurement and renewal of all necessary business,
- corporate and other licences and permits.
- Handle inquiries and investigations by various government agencies.
- Develop and maintain working relationship with key government agencies.
- Handle administration of and manage legal department in a manner consistent with
- country-level and group-level policies.
- Candidate reports to General Counsel (based in Singapore) but will be accountable to
- Country Head.
- Candidate will work closely with country and group units.
- Recognised law degree in Vietnamese law.
- Post-graduate qualification in an institution outside Vietnam is an advantage.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a legal department of a company and reputable law firm, or a legal department only is required. This should include at least 3 years of experience working in a legal department.
- Vietnamese Bar admission is optional but will be an advantage.
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and verbally in Vietnamese and English.
- Experience working in the e-commerce industry or any other dynamic and fast-paced environment organisation is an advantage.
- Localising and implementing group-level policies and standards in country.
- Handling intra-company arrangements and agreements.
- Designing, drafting and implementing processes and policies relating to country legal operations and managing legal risks.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, procurement contracts, leases and tender documents.
- Management of internal stakeholders, including senior management, such that there is strong management ‘buy-in’.
- Management of legal team members and operations to achieve high quality legal
- Strong in English and Vietnamese.
- IT-savvy and knowledgeable about IT systems and SaaS.
- Legal research skills in areas relevant to Ninja Van, such as corporate laws, logistics, wholesale trade and e-commerce.
- Identifying and assessing legal and regulatory risks and mitigating them through policies and business process improvements.
- Delivering legal training.
- Drafting and communicating legal advice to senior management through executive summaries and in a verbal manner.
Submit a job application