Software Engineering Manager
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tech – Engineering
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
We are on the lookout for world-class talent to fill our world-class engineering team. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
You will lead and manage a team of 8-10 software engineers to design, develop, test and ship software that propels the business forward. You are an accomplished software engineer who has a long track record of shipping successful software products.
- Manage and develop a team of world-class engineers to keep them motivated, grow their technical expertise and meet their career aspirations.
- Spend about half your time on hands-on technical work, including coding.
- Manage projects end to end in a fast-paced Agile environment to deliver quality software on time, and follow through post release to ensure effective usage.
- Partner with business owners and product managers to help shape product strategy, sharpen product specs and come up with innovative solutions.
- Drive continual process improvements in areas like unit test, code review, static analysis, CI, CD.
- At least 5 years of software development experience, preferably in horizontally scalable services in a cloud environment.
- At least 2 years of managing an elite engineering team with multiple release cycles under your belt.
- Proven ability to recruit, develop and retain talent.
- Steeped in Agile ways. Deep knowledge of software engineering best practices; burning desire to drive the team to adopt them.
- Highly adept at project management in a demanding fast-changing environment with tight deadlines and scarce resources. Ability to multi-task is key.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
- Data storage: Percona XtraDB Cluster, Elasticsearch, Apache Cassandra
- In-Memory data grid: Hazelcast
- Real-time data pipeline: Apache Kafka
- Backend webservice stack: Play (Java 8), GoLang, Node.js
- Web frontend: AngularJS, React
- Mobile: Android SDK, React Native
- Containerization: Kubernetes (Docker)
Submit a job application