Finance Manager (Manager-Sr. Manager)
Metro Manila & Greater Manila Area, Philippines /
Finance – Finance /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
Finance Manager is responsible for maintaining accurate records of the financial performance of the company, supporting the operations of the business, and to support the company in making sound financial decisions.
- Month end closing of accounts
- Management and Statutory reporting
- Maintaining and executing appropriate risk control mechanisms related to the operations of the business
- Maintaining cashflow forecasting models
- Ensuring all accounting activities comply with regulations
- Timely AR/ AP processes
Management Reporting, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Manage the month closing process efficiently and enabling a timely close.
- Provide relevant financial analysis to support commercial decision-making to senior management.
- Provide technical accounting leadership, interpreting existing and proposed accounting guidance and communicating its impact on our business and financial statements.
- Coordinating with the Regional Controlling teams to ensure that country accounting policies are in- line with group policies
- Follow guidelines provided by Regional teams for the annual budgeting process.
- Co-ordinate, coach and support all budget- holders and managers in delivering budgets and forecast as required.
- Consolidate and evaluate budgets in conjunction with financial strategy
Quality Controls and Audit Compliance
- Establish and maintain a robust controls environment that mitigates and minimizes financial.
- Establish, maintain and review a suitable system of - Process compliance - Audit outcomes recording and monitoring internal and external audit recommendations relating to the workings of the finance dept.
- Ensure all financial activities and reporting are in compliance with international and local financial regulations.
- Ensure the effective development, implementation and evaluation of finance policies and procedures, ensuring their consistent and compliant application.
- Lead the annual audit process, prepare tax submission and handle local tax matters, ensuring timely submission to local authorities.
Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables and Cash Flow Management
- Streamline and continuously improve financial management reporting process including billing, A/P, AR, etc.
- Oversee and regulate AR collections, maintaining low DSO.
- Oversee cash management ensuring adequacy of working capital and cash balances.
- Work closely with other departments to provide visibility on cashflow.
- Work with country senior management and Regional team on strategy setting and tracking of deliverables.
- Provide technical accounting support and advise appropriate accounting treatments to business stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with client finance teams and professional service vendors such as Banks and Auditors.
- At least 10 years of related working experience, preferably in logistics.
- Experience working with multinational organization/environment especially in a high growth, rapidly changing culture.
- Experience with internal and external audit procedures
- Experience with budgeting and risk management
- Familiar with local corporate tax laws and local tax matters.
- Leadership experience in managing a finance team would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of NetSuite’s ERP would be an advantage.
- Able to work with a strong sense of urgency, both as an individual contributor and as a team leader.
- Passion for analytical / data-driven problem-solving, improving and/or implementing processes.
- Team player with strong organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise with minimum supervision with a focus on results.
- Equipped with leadership, communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Commercial acumen to understand and execute on the company’s objectives, operations, market environment and ethical issues.
Submit a job application