Compensation and Benefits Manager
Metro Manila & Greater Manila Area, Philippines /
HR & Corporate Service – Human Resources /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Compensation and Benefits Manager shall be responsible in designing, overseeing and implementing compensation and benefits programs of Ninja Van. He/she shall contribute to the growth and profitability of the company by ensuring that compensation and benefits structure are designed to retain and increase employee satisfaction and productive workforce.
- Closely work with the Country Head, Chief Operating Officer, and the Head of HR, as well as the concerned Unit Heads, in the development of appropriate compensation and benefits programs of the Company.
- Oversee the implementation and administration of all existing and newly approved compensation and benefits programs of the Company and ensure its compliance to audit standards.
- Monitor Compensation and Benefit Unit’s compliance to unit key performance metrics and manage gaps or concerns that prevent the achievement of such metrics
- Ensure timely releasing of salary to all employees.
- Ensure timely payment of all government mandated benefits.
- Ensure all necessary and authorized deductions to the employee are processed
- Ensure compliance with BIR tax protocols in all compensation and benefits programs provided to employees.
- Provide the Head of Finance a report all related reports such as government contributions report, BIR reports, and other government mandated reportorial requirements.
- Provide the Country Head, Head of HR, and Head of Finance with analysis and commentaries on monthly payroll cost and variance.
- Monitor and manage employee concerns related to compensation and benefits and minimize the recurrence of the same.
- Closely work with the Finance Unit in assessing payroll disbursement and government remittance platforms and ensuring such platforms effectively support the regular payroll disbursement and government remittance.
- Keep abreast with market trends and standards on compensation and benefits and provide recommendations, as necessary, to maintain Company’s employer attractiveness.
- Evaluate and review the effectiveness of existing compensation and benefits programs and recommend necessary changes aligned with company’s objectives and budget.
- Initiate programs to maximize employee satisfaction on existing compensation and benefits programs.
- Take lead in all compensation and benefits related processes in the Company HRIS.
- Manage vendor relationships with HRIS vendor, banks, HMO provider, and other third party vendors related to existing and future compensation and benefits programs.
- At least 5 years in Human Resource with extensive experience in compensation and benefits function
- In depth knowledge of DOLE mandated General Labor Standards
- Knowledge of audit standards
- Experience in managing relationships with government agencies such as SSS, Philhealth, Pag-Ibig, and BIR
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain relationships with both internal and external customers
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to changing and new priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Filipino
- Knowledge using HR Information System
- Highly proficient in GSuites (GDocs, GSheet, GSlides, etc.)
Submit a job application