Senior Logistics Manager
Metro Manila & Greater Manila Area, Philippines /
Operations – Middle Mile /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Middle Mile team manages all internal inter-hub movements of parcels and shipments. The team works closely with all core operations units (FM, Sort, LM, Recovery) as it manages all incoming and outgoing volumes for these hubs.
The Transport Operations team, which falls under the Middle Mile team, handles all third-party trucking, air-freight and sea-freight requirements of Ninja Van Philippines. It consolidates all of Ninja Van Philippines' freight requirements, handles vendor management and accreditation, and allocates internal and external resources with the goal of minimizing cost.
The Senior Freight Manager must manage both the core middle-mile operations team as well as the transport operations team. This requires working closely with all core operations departments and ensuring that parcels and shipments are able to move throughout Ninja Van’s expansive network in a quick and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with teams across the company to identify and meet all inter-hub movement requirements.
- Manage a big team of 10 managers, 30+ supervisors, and 400+ ground ops workers.
- Analysis, modelling and planning for overall network design and operational processes.
- Maintain a standard of operational excellence within the organization.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to understand operational requirements and create strategic operational plans.
- Monitor and optimize middle-mile costs to hit budget targets.
- Develop and implement Ninja’s strategy, ensuring Ninja delivers delight one parcel at a time.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the logistics sector - preferably with a strong people management or strategic and network planning background.
- Knowledgeable of 5S and best-practices for warehouse and facility management.
- Good at complex problem-solving and business casing (model-building).
- Strong business acumen and communication skills necessary to building working relationships and positively influence decision making.
- Able to adapt communication methods based on audience (should be able to communicate well to blue-collar workers as well as C-level executives)
- Amenable to be assign in Makati City.
- Willing to travel across the Philippines.
Submit a job application