Regional Tax Manager
Regional, Singapore /
Finance – Finance /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
Reporting to the Regional Financial Controller, the Tax Manager will be responsible for direct tax, indirect tax, cross border transactions, transfer pricing and M&A tax matters for the region.
- Overseeing tax compliance activities within the Group, including collaboration with local finance on tax return preparation, filing and payment as well as managing status of local tax audit and dispute resolution proceedings
- Ensuring compliance of the local tax requirements, including the review and/or preparation tax returns where appropriate
- Structuring, coordinating and preparing transfer pricing documentations for the group to ensure compliance of transfer pricing regulations
- Monitoring the effective tax rate and ensuring adequate current tax provision and deferred tax positions
- Creating a Group Tax Policy and assessing local entities’ operations alignment with it
- Working closely with key stakeholders to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensuring that tax needs are identified, considered and communicated
- Providing assistance in the implementation of various tax strategies and make appropriate recommendations from a tax perspective, this includes partnering with stakeholders to understand the impact of tax matters to the business operations
- Identify and implement tax digitization and automation tax processes. Following tax digitalization trends and tax policy changes
- Manage tax disputes and resolutions with close collaboration with finance teams
- Maintain strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders e.g. tax authorities, consultants, etc
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent from a reputable university
- CA/CPA, and/or Tax qualified
- At least 8 to 12 years of relevant tax experience ideally with a combination of big 4 and commercial tax experience
- Proven advisory and compliance experience across Direct tax, Indirect tax, International Tax and Transfer Pricing experience
- Familiarity with double tax treaties, cross-border structuring, corporate restructuring, and international corporate compliance system in the marketplace
- Working knowledge with Corporate Tax Laws and regulations for key economies within Southeast Asia and China would be an advantage.
- Travelling within Southeast Asia when necessary
- Advantageous to possess wholesale trading and logistics / supply chain industry experience
Submit a job application