Head of HR (Singapore)
Regional, Singapore /
HR & Corporate Service – Human Resources /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
Reporting to the Country Head, the Head of HR is tasked with overseeing HR processes, training and compensation programs, handling employee relations and engagement, ensuring compliance with regulations, managing budgets, assessing staffing needs and recruitment.
- Develop HR operations team's capabilities in growing with business expansion and support the implementation of a company’s culture and core values
- Partner and support the functional heads to manage, in a proactive and consultative approach, a full spectrum of HR functions which includes Talent Acquisition and appointment matters, performance appraisal and management, as well as talent management and development
- Develop, implement and communicate all HR Policies, procedures, and practices
- Monitor its compliance via HR operations and ensure all activities undertaken by the HR Department comply with local regulations and ethical standards
- Provide advice to line managers on HR and ER matters
- Act as an advisor for any labour-related issues including disciplinary actions for corporate and work-life counselling for employees
- Responsible for all core operational HR processes in Singapore, such as hiring, on-boarding, payroll, off-boarding, reporting and HR admin services
- Work to ensure that robust, commercially savvy and customer centric HR processes spanning the full employee life cycle are in place and where necessary, suggest and implement improvements
- Work with regional HR team to drive HR initiatives and programs
- Collaborate and engage in operations meetings, providing professional advice to the management.
- Work closely with senior management on strategy setting and tracking of deliverables.
- Manage relationships with professional service vendors and partners e.g. SNEF, Agenies, company insurance broker
- Manage, motivate and lead the HR team
- Ensuring that all employees are being effectively managed, developed and motivated
- Provide leadership, direction, motivation, clear objectives and meaningful feedback
- 5 years of HR business partnering role, preferably in the logistics industry
- BSc/BA in Business Management or equivalent
- In-depth understanding of local HR employment compliance and functions
- Hands-on experience with hiring and HR service delivery
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong and equipped with excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Good team player with ability to interact with all levels
- Good analytical skills with positive attitude to take on challenges / responsibilities.
- Self-motivated, proactive and result oriented
Submit a job application