Air Transport Supervisor
Metro Manila & Greater Manila Area, Philippines /
Operations – Middle Mile /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Air Transport Supervisor is in charge of handling all third-party logistics partners Ninja Van Philippines is tapping for air-freight services.
The Air Transport Supervisor shall handle a team of Operations Coordinators, Assistant Operations Coordinators, drivers, helpers, and sorters. These individuals shall be based in the Airport Consolidation Facility, to be put up near the NAIA Airport. The Air Transport Supervisor shall also indirectly handle all other consolidation facilities that use air freight services. This includes VisMin and Puerto Princesa coordinators. The Air Transport Supervisor shall coordinate with these individuals and roll out new processes involving air freight to them.
- BSA Forecasting & Planning: Forecasts predicting and planning our Blocked Space Allocation (BSA) with our different air freight providers.
- BSA Utilization: Ensure that utilization is maintained at 100%.
- Vendor Management Performance: Track of vendor metrics and use these performance metrics for determining each vendor’s allocation (rewarding over-performing vendors, and disincentivizing under-performance).
- Airport Consolidation Hub Operations: Handle a consolidation hub (similar to all other consolidation hubs). This consolidation hub will handle the primary haul dispatching of all VisMin volume, and shall be situated near NAIA.
- Loss Rates: Ensure that the amount of parcels lost in the Airport Consolidation Facility & in Air Freight 3PL’s are minimal.
- Implementation of loss-reduction initiatives.
- Scanning Compliance.
- Ensure shipments in their areas have the proper scans and order of scans
- Implement any disciplinary measures for non-compliance.
- Ensure their teams are able to adhere to NVPH SOPs.
- Conduct regular audits and surprise visits to check on the current state of our facilities and people.
- Process Design: Come up with new processes or improve existing processes to address key problems within operations.
- General Management: Manage his/her team effectively Train his/her direct reports to be effective and independent. Training of his/her direct reports in relation to NVPH’s SOP’s and 5S practices.
- At least 2 years of working experience in the air freight industry or any 3PL Airfreight Forwarder.
- Able to analyze data and come up with actionables based on the data.
- Able to manage ground operations and implement strict policies or SOP’s.
- Has business development experience and can be the main point person for NV’s business relationship with other air freight providers.
- Able to handle vendor negotiations and hold regular vendor performance reviews.
- Must be willing to travel.
Submit a job application