Regional Manager, Operations
Regional, Singapore /
Operations – Middle Mile /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
Passionate about high-growth startups and have strong analytical skills? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, and executor? Do you live and breathe to turn large amounts of raw data into meaningful business information? Then let’s talk.
As an early member of Ninja Van's Regional Operations team, you will help to develop organisational structure for scale, and support operational excellence throughout the region. The ideal candidate for this role should have exceptional analytical skills, a marked taste for operational challenges and the ability to present information clearly.
- Put together dashboards to monitor performance and to flag potential issues before they become problems for all teams across the region
- Develop and execute analytical tools to measure operational excellence and be expected to concisely explain both what the numbers are saying and what we should be doing, to senior leadership
- Develop and share best practices to scale operations of cities
- Coach our growing team of operations managers, including supporting local teams for major strategic initiatives and new project launches
- Develop analytical frameworks for continuous process improvement and to lead subsequent relevant projects
- Document finalised initiatives into standardised operating procedures expeditiously
- Lead and manage operations improvement projects to increase efficiencies, finalising initiatives into standardised operating procedures expeditiously
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognised university
- At least 3 years of experience in a relevant field
- Absolute team player with strong communication and organisational skills
- Possess a data-driven decision mentality to make sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Can do attitude - we are a lean team and many times responsibilities may fall out of one’s exact job description; we are looking for folks that are willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
- Explorer - the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- Exceptional Excel/data management skills - many say they are great in Excel, fewer truly are. Ideal candidate brings some impressive know-how (and the understanding that there’s always more to learn)
- Willingness to travel for up to 3 days per week
- Experience using SQL
Submit a job application