QA Engineering Manager
Jakarta, Indonesia /
Tech – Engineering /
Ninja Van is a late-stage logtech startup that is disrupting a massive industry with innovation and cutting edge technology. Launched 2014 in Singapore, we have grown rapidly to become one of Southeast Asia's largest and fastest-growing express logistics companies. Since our inception, we’ve delivered to 100 million different customers across the region with added predictability, flexibility and convenience. Join us in our mission to connect shippers and shoppers across Southeast Asia to a world of new possibilities.
More about us:
- We process 250 million API requests and 3TB of data every day.
- We deliver more than 1.5 million parcels every day.
- 100% network coverage with 1000+ hubs and stations in 6 SEA markets (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines), reaching 500 million consumers.
- 600,000 active shippers in all e-commerce segments, from the largest marketplaces to the individual social commerce sellers.
- Raised US$400 million over four rounds.
We are looking for world-class talent to join our crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the QA Manager based in Singapore, you will manage the QA team in our Jakarta office. and be responsible for the quality of all software releases. Your team will define the test strategy, develop processes and tools, and thoroughly test Ninja Van software which includes client and server side products, API platform and server infrastructure.
- Develop, enact, and manage testing schedules, ensuring that the QA team meets expectations and deadlines.
- Increase our test automation coverage, work with developers to integrate automated testing into the CI process.
- Work with product team to understand requirements to create comprehensive test plans and execute them.
- Drive the adoption of QA best practices through the whole team.
- Support other test areas including performance, load, security.
- Help set and fulfill the QA staffing plan, including sourcing, screening and interviewing.
- Be very hands-on in manual and automated testing.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in manual testing in web and mobile apps.
- At least 2 years as engineering manager or senior engineering team lead; proven track record of successfully leading teams.
- Strong Java development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert understanding of software QA, including best practices, processes and various types of testing.
- Strong experience in configuration and release management.
- Data storage: Percona XtraDB Cluster, Elasticsearch, Apache Cassandra
- In-Memory data grid: Hazelcast
- Real-time data pipeline: Apache Kafka
- Backend webservice stack: Play (Java 8), GoLang, Node.js
- Web frontend: AngularJS, React
- Mobile: Android SDK, React Native
- Containerization: Kubernetes (Docker)
Submit a job application