Head of B2B
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Commercial – Sales & Partnerships
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The B2B department will focus on offering final mile delivery solutions in the express domestic parcel segment. The department is responsible for the revenue development and profitability of this segment within Ninja Van product suite in the local market. Regional strategy and product development roadmaps will be supported by the regional organization and the country lead teams will focus primarily on revenue development and aggressive market share expansion by selling the B2B final mile delivery product and related services that are regionally deployed.
The Head of B2B will have an entrepreneurial spirit to build our business on the ground in the local country. In partnership with functional line leaders, you will help execute on the vision, strategy, and day-to-day tactics that we employ to grow the business in country. Ninja van's B2B business in SEA is in high growth mode and we seek an individual that thinks big and is comfortable operating across functional lines to identify and execute on new growth opportunities.
- Research and define the GTM for the local country based on the product specifics supplied by the regional business team
- Define market expectation and areas of opportunity for the Ninja van’s B2B business modelling.
- Defining business case and according budgets for management approvals and acceptance. Own the deployment of the BCA in local country
- Lead a team of both direct and indirect reports that is focused on developing and maintaining a business capable of achieving operational, financial, and service expectations
- Accountable for communication, interviewing and hiring, training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, leveraging team and individual strengths, managing performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems to ensure high performance results
- Responsible for coordination, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the department/team, high performance team approach and creating a positive climate where people want to do their best.
- Mentor and develop direct staff, including providing consistent, actionable feedback.
- Responsible to own the financial targets and measurements in the country.
- Work alongside the regional business in the areas of strategy, sales operations and financial goals of the department
- Own and drive sales performance, revenue generation, profitability and other related sales levers including channel strategy.
- Analysing and directing strategy into opportunity local opportunity pockets to ensure commercial success of Ninja Van business in local country
- Support commercial areas as and when required alongside the business to ensure overall project success and acceptance of the stakeholders.
- Detect potential dysfunctions and/or entries deficits in our business solutions systems, react to any rising information related to process gaps
- Assist in development of relevant materials such as presentations, reports and related analysis as an when required by the business.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 - 10 years of experience in Sales and /or operations, preferably in the logistics industry preferably express logistics.
- A progressive and proven track record of success
- Prior experience in building and leading a sales B2B team
- Experience in logistics operations a plus point.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Able to produce and deliver quality presentations on a regular basis to key stakeholders
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and adaptable in an ambiguous and new space
- English; Vietnamese
Submit a job application