Senior UX Designer
Singapore, Singapore /
Tech – Product /
Ninja Van is a late-stage logtech startup that is disrupting a massive industry with innovation and cutting edge technology. Launched 2014 in Singapore, we have grown rapidly to become one of Southeast Asia's largest and fastest-growing express logistics companies. Since our inception, we’ve delivered to 100 million different customers across the region with added predictability, flexibility and convenience. Join us in our mission to connect shippers and shoppers across Southeast Asia to a world of new possibilities.
More about us:
- We process 250 million API requests and 3TB of data every day.
- We deliver more than 1.5 million parcels every day.
- 100% network coverage with 1000+ hubs and stations in 6 SEA markets (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines), reaching 500 million consumers.
- 600,000 active shippers in all e-commerce segments, from the largest marketplaces to the individual social commerce sellers.
- Raised US$400 million over four rounds.
We are looking for world-class talent to join our crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
Roles and responsibilities
- Applying a user centered design methodology to drive improvements to our products for and services on web and mobile apps.
- Plan and execute research methods to gather insights and validate experiences with users. Synthesis results and provide recommendations to design stakeholders.
- Collaborates with product managers, engineers and business stakeholders by coordinating design activities, evaluating concepts and recommending and implementing changes to products or services.
- Hands on delivery of concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows and other artifacts to document and visualise the users perspective.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes, conduct usability testing and refine your ideas.
- Translate product requirements into UX and UI requirements.
- Be an advocate for design and able to push a user centered design agenda within the organisation.
- At least 5 years of experience in user centered organisations, designing experiences for web- and mobile-apps.
- Designed and shipped multiple products and able to show off a strong portfolio of work across user experience design disciplines.
- Extensive experience in research, ideation, product validation and interaction design.
- Experienced in planning and facilitating design and information gathering activities.
- Experienced with working in cross functional teams across a software development lifecycle, in an agile setting.
- Be able to lead and mentor other designers in the organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of design tools such as sketch, zeplin, and Invision.
- Well versed in design systems, typography and style guides.
- Great understanding of usability guidelines and technical understanding of implementing design.
Due to the urgency of the role, candidates currently in Singapore would be preferred.
Submit a job application