Legal and Compliance Officer
Udomsuk, Thailand /
HR & Corporate Service – Legal /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
As a Legal and Compliance Officer, you'll...
- Legal research related to logistics and general legal / corporate matters / corporate governance
- Reviewing of legal documents/contracts
- Filing sales and other commercial contracts
- Maintaining and updating corporate legal documents + licensing documents and ensuring compliance
- Work with country head to enforce internal corporate governance/approvals (understanding what matters require escalation for regional approval and advising and assisting country head to obtain such approval before proceeding)
- Keeping abreast of local regulations related to logistics sector
- Liaising with regional legal in charge on documentation filings
- Liaise with external counsels on legal matters as and when required
What you’ll need
- Possess strong legal knowledge and research skills
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in both spoken and written English is a must
- Excellence in drafting/reviewing contracts
- Ability to define problems and collect relevant information and apply relevant legal principles to relevant factual situations
- At least 2-3 years of experience in performing legal services
- Proven ability to meet stringent deadlines and adapt to changing priorities, operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Submit a job application