Production Engineer, Platforms
Singapore, Singapore /
Tech – IT /
Ninja Van is a late-stage logtech startup that is disrupting a massive industry with innovation and cutting edge technology. Launched 2014 in Singapore, we have grown rapidly to become one of Southeast Asia's largest and fastest-growing express logistics companies. Since our inception, we’ve delivered to 100 million different customers across the region with added predictability, flexibility and convenience. Join us in our mission to connect shippers and shoppers across Southeast Asia to a world of new possibilities.
More about us:
- We process 250 million API requests and 3TB of data every day.
- We deliver more than 1.5 million parcels every day.
- 100% network coverage with 1000+ hubs and stations in 6 SEA markets (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Philippines), reaching 500 million consumers.
- 600,000 active shippers in all e-commerce segments, from the largest marketplaces to the individual social commerce sellers.
- Raised US$400 million over four rounds.
We are looking for world-class talent to join our crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
Role and responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain systems and platforms to ensure the Ninja Van infrastructure runs smoothly and scales automatically and efficiently
- Innovate, introduce and support new technologies that empowers engineers to gain higher team velocity
- Support and improve internal CI-CD pipelines
- Own the architecture and implementation of major initiatives, modules and entire products
- Work in cross functional teams to ship software on-quality and on-time
- Provide technical leadership and coaching to your team; conduct code and design review; drive code quality and process improvement initiatives
- Lead your team to write code that you are proud of, with extensibility, scalability and performance in mind
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experienced with server-side or full-stack development with a proven track record of shipping successful software products.
- Deep experience in most of our tech stack or similar technologies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
- Bonus: Have been a tech lead at least once or twice, with demonstrated strengths in software architecture.
Backend: Play (Java 8+), Golang, Node.js
Frontend: AngularJS, ReactJS
Mobile: Android, Flutter, React Native
Cache: Hazelcast, Redis
Data storage: MySQL, TiDB, Elasticsearch, Delta Lake
Infrastructure monitoring: Prometheus, Grafana
Containerization: Docker, Containerd
Cloud Provider: GCP, AWS
Data pipelines: Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming, Maxwell
Workflow manager: Apache Airflow
Query engines: Apache Spark, Trino
Submit a job application