Sales Team Leader
Shah Alam, Malaysia /
Commercial – Sales & Partnerships /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
We are looking for a high-performing Sales Team Leader to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential and crafting sales plans.
- Accountable for all direct sales performance and growth of this business segment
- Identify all sales channels, and implement and execute effectively on sales strategies to win this segment
- Set clear direction and objectives, and effectively lead the direct sales team
- Build, manage, and coach the team to achieve individual and overall performance targets
- Monitor sales performance of the team, and react with an appropriate use of incentives and penalties to motivate and discipline the team to optimise performance
- Have a good grasp and knowledge of the local market and competition to react swiftly to changing market conditions
- Create and monitor best practices in lead generation, and qualification
- Communicate and work effectively with other teams to produce the best possible outcome for the company and its clients
- Provide timely and responsive feedback to regional management and local teams on sales performance, market insights, and any issues from first contact with clients to full onboarding of clients
- Achieve or exceed sales performance targets
- Diploma / Degree or equivalent practical experience
- More than 4-5 years of business development or sales experience
- Professional fluency in English & Bahasa Malaysia.
- Proven success building, coaching and leading sales teams in emerging markets in the logistics space
- Hands-on sales experience with a proven track record in reaching and exceeding goals
- Strategic thinker with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, solve complex problems, and develop creative solutions
- Ability to engage at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Effective verbal communication, analytical and problem solving skills
Submit a job application