Key Account Manager
Subang Jaya, Malaysia /
Operations – Key Accounts Management /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
As a Key Account Manager, you will be one of the pioneering members of an exciting new business unit, responsible for managing a defined portfolio of major customers on a country level and positively contribute to expanding business relations with existing customers. We are looking for an experienced individual who is able to effectively build positive long-term relationships with our customers across Malaysia through proactive consultation, education and support, ultimately maximising sales revenue and upholding the highest standards of customer service. As part of your scope, you will be managing a team of Key Account Executives and will be responsible for building their capabilities to achieve team targets for the Key Accounts Team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Management and Development of Defined Portfolio
- Conceptualise and implement key account management strategy in collaboration with key internal stakeholders that are in line with department objectives and targets
- Consistently build and maintain a professional, trustworthy and respectful relationship with the key stakeholders in defined portfolio of customers
- Provide and derive insights from periodical revenue and activity reporting to identify new trends and opportunities
- Formulate new initiatives that enables the key accounts team to gain new business and maximise growth within existing customer base so that team sales results are achieved
- Business Partnering
- Partner closely with key stakeholders (internal and external) to drive cross-functional support, engagement and advocacy for the success of the team
- People Management
- Develop a high performance service culture within the key accounts team.
- Manage and coordinate the national sales activities of a group of key accounts in order to retain and develop their revenue contribution.
- Identify training needs and opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
- Build out training programs and materials to educate and train the key accounts team on how to manage key accounts and drive performance
- Process Improvements
- Lead and drive additional process improvement projects for the team to optimise output and results
- 5 to 7 years of experience in sales, preferably in the transportation or service industry. A progressive and proven track record of sales success.
- Prior experience in building and leading a sales team.
- Prior experience in major account handling.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent verbal and communication skills. Able to produce and deliver quality presentations on a regular basis to key stakeholders
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and adaptable in an ambiguous and new space
- Professional fluency in the English Language and Bahasa Malaysia
Submit a job application