Head of Warehouse and Transport
Bang Na, Thailand /
Operations – Warehouse /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Warehouse and Transport Team builds our operational capability by ensuring smooth transition of prioritized parcels distributed to satellite hubs and reaches customers within the required service level. In doing so, you will manage a team of in-house warehouse staffs and drivers, as well as external vendors/3PLs to achieve cost and speed considerations.
Be a part of the team that is responsible for looking at new ways of providing the best logistics service across South East Asia together with a team of bright, young individuals in South East Asia’s fastest growing startups. You will be willing to lead by example, going down to the ground to understand issues, even working late nights to ensure operations run smoothly.
As a Head of Warehouse and Transport, you’ll…
- Work directly with the COO to set costs and performance targets for the team
- Proactively hire, develop, evaluate and motivate floor team and executives
- Lead and drive both cost and process improvement projects to achieve higher standards
- Ensure smooth running of warehouse sorting operations and guarantee completion daily
- Implement, instill and maintain 5S culture within the warehouse team; maintain warehouse orderliness, workplace safety and security. ensure housekeeping and standards of office and general areas are maintained at all times
- Monitor continuation of parcel’s lifecycle, identify issues related to variances (miss tagged, misplaced, theft, damage) and perform root cause analysis
- Ensure proper inbounding/ outbounding and sizing of parcels and conflict resolution
- Ensure that parcels are delivered to satellite hubs across Thailand on time
- Build cross-functional internal relationships to communicate and achieve consensus with ease
- Provide timely updates on progress to management team
- Maintain inventory of warehouse and office equipment
- Carry out investigative actions into any accidents or security issues
What we’re looking for…
- Degree in business studies/logistics or related disciplines
- 8+ years of work experience in warehouse supervisory. of which 3+ years of managerial role with P&L responsibilities within the logistics industry
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Thai compulsory
- Strong leadership, organization & communications skills, staff development, extremely proactive, organized, highly responsible and possess strong leadership skills
- Both a problem solver and a fast learner who can catch concept quickly
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively in an environment with competing demands
- Strong analytical skills to be able to interpret, report. plan and execute based on metrics
- Male/Female, Thai Nationality only
Submit a job application