Head of Marketing
Metro Manila & Greater Manila Area, Philippines /
Commercial – Marketing /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Head of Marketing shall craft the annual marketing plan and framework based on the company’s growth plan for the Philippines as well as be the driving force behind the growth of the brand in the country. HoM will need to work closely with the other Commercial departments (Sales, Retail, and other business units) to align strategy and initiatives. HoM will also be overseeing the different marketing categories such as: Performance Marketing, Brand Marketing, CRM, and Events as well as be tasked with developing the marketing team for these.
- Planning and Budgeting
- Develop, execute and iterate the marketing strategy (offline and online) for the brand as well as for Ninja’s suite of consumer products.
- Building a framework for campaign development and to launch these based on business goals.
- Managing all marketing for the company and activities within the marketing department
- Supporting sales and lead generation efforts through the different marketing channels
- Responsible for content strategy and ownership of all owned online channels such as social media and the corporate website.
- Developing the marketing activities for the company in line with company objectives
- Coordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities
- Monitor campaign performance and iterate strategy accordingly to increase marketing efficiency and achieve business objectives
- Communicating marketing plans across the necessary stakeholders (Commercial, Finance)
- Overseeing the company’s marketing budget
- Building the Brand
- Responsible for Ninja Van’s brand and positioning in the market
- Ensuring that all owned touchpoints are appropriately and sufficiently branded according to branding guidelines.
- Being responsible for brand management and trademark identity
- Planning and conducting suitable online and offline marketing campaigns with a budget
- Oversee the creation and publication of all marketing material (POSM, leaflets, etc.) in line with marketing plans.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Market Research
- Manage, supervise, and partially execute all phases of market research studies: proposal, design, programming, questionnaire preparation, analysis, report writing, and presentation
- Market analyst: customer needs, competitor’s strengths, and weaknesses
- Makes use of competitor analysis and market trend information to develop marketing and product strategy
- Team Management
- Develop and manage the marketing team across the different channels
- Determine the strengths and weaknesses of each member to navigate challenges and areas of opportunity
- Identify goals and evaluate based on performance
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related field
- At least 6 to 10 years of extensive experience in sales, marketing, advertising and brand management in a leadership role
- Experience in e-commerce, creative agencies or industry-leading companies.
- Strategic, innovative and creative personality with a strong business acumen
- A passion for working in and managing a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Adept multi-tasker with ability to quickly prioritize and effectively delegate tasks
- With relevant product and industry knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication and a creative thinker.
Submit a job application