Freight Network Manager
Metro Manila & Greater Manila Area, Philippines /
Operations – Middle Mile /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries. In January 2018, we raised one of the largest Series C rounds ever in Southeast Asia and are well-positioned for our next phase of rapid growth.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
The Freight Network Manager shall be in-charge of designing and planning Middle Mile nationwide freight network, creating a structured framework for assessing the effectivity of the network (SLA, cost, variance in lead times, etc.), working with commercial teams on forecasting and translate into useful data for the middle-mile team, and load-balancing and planning of the entire network.
The Freight Network Manager shall report directly to the Middle Mile Unit Head. He/she shall also work with Regional Linehaul Managers, Transport Operations Managers for development of the network.
- Create a detailed network plan.
- Create a system for assessing network performance (how to assess network performance in terms of SLA, cost, lead time consistency, etc.).
- Identify key areas of expansion where new consolidation hubs may be required.
- Collaborate with other fleet units' expansion team closely to align network coverage.
- Study of impact of air-terrestrial ratio to overall SLA’s.
- Translate the commercial forecasts to usable and/or actionable data for the Middle Mile team (from volume to truck/air freight BSA count and frequency of routes).
- Spearhead projects designed to improve network efficacy
- Candidate must be a graduate of Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, or any other related quantitative courses.
- Must have at least 5 years of related work experience.
- Can analyze big data and come up with recommendation / action plan based on the data.
- Can understand very complex operational processes.
- Can come up with detailed proposals and conduct complicated studies (cost-analysis, predictive modelling, etc.).
- Background in Logistics is an advantage.
- Amenable to be assigned in Makati.
Submit a job application