Business Development Associate (Freight Forwarding)
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Logistics+ – Cross-Border /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
Ninja Freight BD Associate will play a critical role in supporting the Sales Manager in achieving its Revenue and Diversification goals by providing Cross Border Freight Forwarding (B2B) and logistics services to our clients. The Commercial Associate will be responsible for acquiring and retaining Regional & Local clients and work closely with Ninja Freight Regional Team to ensure seamless execution of Freight Forwarding Sales. This position will report to the B2B Sales Manager within Singapore.
- Support the B2B Sales Manager in acquiring, retaining, and growing B2B sales revenues in the local market, focusing on international sea freight and airfreight solutions.
- Identify and penetrate new customer segments and markets within the SME trade/ retail/ wholesale sectors, with an emphasis on export lanes from SG to the rest of the world.
- Assist in setting up process flows, defining end-to-end product lifecycle, and driving B2B revenue growth.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients while actively seeking opportunities for new client acquisition
- Provide market insights, trends, and competitor information to help shape sales strategies and identify areas of growth.
- Possesses at least 1-2 year of experience in supply chain, freight forwarding, consolidation or international trading is additional advantage
- Preferably in a business development role with with an existing freight forwarding client
- Good grasp and understanding of Singapore freight forwarding landscape and client segments
- Strong project management skills paired with proactive behavior to stay on top of multiple deadlines and achieve aggressive revenue targets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and establish trust with clients and internal teams.
- Proficient in strategic planning and market analysis
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing business environments.
Submit a job application