Assistant Area Sales Manager
Subang Jaya, Malaysia /
Commercial – Corporate Sales /
Ninja Van is a tech-enabled logistics company on a mission to provide hassle-free delivery services for businesses of all sizes across Southeast Asia. Launched in 2014, we started operations in Singapore and have become the region's largest and fastest growing last-mile logistics company, partnering with over 35,000 merchants and delivering more than 1,000 parcels every minute across six countries.
At our core, we are a technology company that is disrupting a massive industry with cutting-edge software and operational concepts. Powered by algorithm-based optimisation, dynamic routing, end-to-end tracking and a data-driven approach, we provide best-of-class delivery services that delight both the shippers and end customers. But we are just getting started! We have much room for improvement and many ideas that will further shape the industry.
i) Customer Management:
● Develop and aggressively win new customer opportunities
● Manage a portfolio of customers and potential customers via personal sales visits, using face to face contact to provide a ‘personalized service’
● Build a strong client relationship to ensure that the account performs and grows to its maximum potential, reducing attrition rate and minimizing opportunities for competitors to gain business.
● Conversion of qualified leads into customers and develop and penetrate existing accounts for growth and improved Share of Wallet ● Prepare weekly updates on pipelines and target achievement and review of opportunities and business plan
● Provide regular updates and resolution on business challenges, customer satisfaction and account receivables.
● Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure cross-functional collaboration, ensuring high quality of service is delivered
● Act as the customers’ main point of contact, by liaising closely with the relevant departments within Ninja van to ensure that their queries, problems, or issues are dealt with appropriately.
ii) Internal Customer Management
● Assisting the ASM and contribute directly towards assigned territory revenue and objectives, ensuring delivery of growth rates that enhance market share at planned levels (as per country targets), through effective leadership of designated sales channels.
● Develop a high-performance service culture within the sales team.
● Ensure team members achievement towards KPIs and monitor their development progress. It is expected that all team members are achieving sales targets or coached towards improvements.
● Conduct weekly Sales Performance review with team members and the appropriate coaching sessions. This session may have related stakeholders participating as well.
● Build sustainable and trusting relationships through a well harmonized & well-developed sales force. Conduct joint sales calls with sales teams and support and guide them on best practices.
● Assist sales teams in the development of customer strategies to secure competitor business
iii) Stakeholder Management
● Implement and ensure full adoption of Salesforce system to drive efficiency and transparency of sales performance within the sales team.
● Working alongside local functional heads on day to day activities and tactical plans to resolve challenges and hurdles faced by the sales team.
● Study and analyse competition sales strategy and provide insights to senior management team to assist in strategic country decisions
● Build a strong territory to ensure accounts perform and grow to their maximum potential, reducing attrition rate and minimizing opportunities for competitors to gain business.
● Continually develop knowledge of products/services and general commercial awareness to provide the best possible guidance to sales teams.
● Provide feedback and recommendation to further improve business operations
● Analyse and monitor territory performance data to measure success and identify fluctuations/trends to decide on the relevant actions to be taken.
● Adhere to regional standard profit margins and discount guidelines and account receivables of the sales teams
● Formulate territory sales plan that incorporates initiatives for identifying and gaining new business prospects and maximises growth within the existing customer base.
● Maintain customer business information, and update business activities in CRM system
● Bachelor’s Degree
● 3 years’ experience in leading sales processes and people at multiple levels
● 5 years’ experience in sales .
● Experience in leading field and telesales teams.
● Experience in Field & Telesales process management, Sales performance management, coaching and mentoring skills Education / Qualifications
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOURS
● Excellent communication skills, spoken and written
Submit a job application