Sr. Security Research Engineer
San Jose, CA
Digital Security – Digital Security
The Digital Security team is responsible for ensuring the security of NIO vehicles and our back end systems. Our mission is to secure the electrical and communications architecture of our connected digital vehicles.
- Design and build security products for connected and autonomous vehicles
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify security requirements, research solutions, build prototype and production systems, etc.
- Security reviews on protocol design, system architecture
- Provide security requirements on new designs
- Research security problems and solutions related to vehicles and transportation
- Design in-vehicle security mechanisms, such as secure vehicle network communication, on-car IDS/IPS, and firewall
- Educate various teams on security vulnerabilities and best security practices
- Passionate about cyber security
- 5+ years of experience in security industry, designing and building security products or equivalent experience
- Excellent in security fundamentals, such as network security, applied cryptography, server security, and end-point security
- Proven ability to innovate and create solutions to security problems autonomously
- In-depth knowledge of Linux kernel and OS, and network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, MQTT, etc.)
- Worked with Secure Boot on Arm or Aurix processors
- Proficient in C/C++, and a scripting language, such as Python or Bash
- Experience with designing and building Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IPS/IDS)
- Experience with Linux kernel hardening
- Experience with real time OSes such as QNX or SafeRTOS
- Experience in the security of IPv4 transport layers
- Experience with embedded systems and bootloaders
- Experience with machine learning based anomaly detection
- Knowledge of CAN and vehicle system architecture
- Knowledge of security of various wireless technologies (such as BLE and NFC)
NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle by offering premium smart electric vehicles and being the best user enterprise. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart and connected premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive, convenient and innovative charging solutions and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater high-performance premium electric SUV in China in June 2018, and its variant, the six-seater ES8, in March 2019. NIO officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, in December 2018 and began deliveries in June 2019. NIO officially launched the EC6, a 5-seater smart premium electric Coupe SUV, in December 2019 and plans to commence deliveries in 2020.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
NIO US is an E-Verify employer.