Technology – Data Engineering /
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
Your Next Exciting Role
The Data Engineer role is part of the Business Intelligence function at Nium. The Data Engineer collaborates closely with stakeholders across the company to design, develop and maintain our payments data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. Data Engineers draw their expertise and experience to assist in engineering high-quality solutions to complex problems in the domain, helping to shape the future of our platform and constantly raise the bar.
Our Data engineers deliver their own work while contributing to the overall team and company strategy implementation. The Data engineering team collaborates continuously together, and each member is constantly providing feedback to other team members. They have strong interpersonal skills and are constantly motivated to improve. The culture of knowledge-sharing and collaboration is highly encouraged in an environment were ideas and solutions are shared with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
Based in Malta, our Data Engineers work together to create innovative technologies that are revolutionising the global payments industry. They have a strong team spirit, embrace Agile values, and provide technical expertise on high-profile projects.
What would a day @Nium look like?
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth understanding of the business logic embodied in our data solutions, its development infrastructure and project delivery process
- Work in a multi-functional team to design and implement phases of product and technical initiatives, making effective data engineering decisions
- Be accountable for quality code and a champion of best industry practices, keeping up to date with technological trends
- Actively participate in guilds and community of practice teams and initiatives, shaping the technology roadmap
- Eager to learn about new technologies and adapt to team dynamics
- Ability to support the running of data solutions in a critical environment
- Urge to learn about the dynamics of the payments eco-system
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- 2+ years of experience working in data or business intelligence environments
- Well-rounded knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and data engineering practices and processes, up to date with the latest developments
- Good knowledge of data warehouse design and concepts
- Good knowledge of an object-oriented language such as Python
- Expert in SQL
- Experience with Database Management Systems such as Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL.
- Proficient in using a data integration tool such as Talend, Pentaho or SSIS
- Experience using a data visualisation tool such as PowerBI, Tableau or SSRS.
- Experience of an analytics engine such as Apache Spark and ability to write applications using libraries such as DataFrames and Spark Streaming is desirable
- Knowledge of Amazon Redshift and Metabase will be considered an asset.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.