Director - HR Business Partner
Human Resources – Business Partner /
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
Where do you come into the picture?
Reporting to the Regional HR Director for APAC, you will play a critical role in delivering the HR plan for the SEA region. This individual contributorrole will play a critical part in developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives to support business objectives. You will work as a strategic partner to senior management and functional heads, providing guidance on business partnering, talent acquisition, talent management, employee relations, organizational development, and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
This is an excellent opportunity for a resourceful, pragmatic, and solutions-oriented individual who can solve complex problems of scale and growth.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
- Talent Acquisition
- Source, engage and recruit mid to senior levelhires across the SEA region
- Collaboratewith leaders and hiring managers across the region to execute on hiring plans
- Create strong governance mechanisms to identify trends within the market, strategize on outreach approaches, and brainstorm creative search methods
- HR Business Partnering
- Define and drive the people agenda for the SEA region
- Build trusted relationships with leadership to understand their priorities and support in delivering business goals
- Provide HR advice, guidance, and effective solutions to employees at all levels, guided by company policies and relevant employment legislation
- Partner with managers on employee relations issues
- Be HR lead on local organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning and skills assessment, ensuring we have the right talent and capabilities to meet business needs
- Collaborate with Compensation and Benefits team to provide local market knowledge
- HR Policies and Compliance
- Develop, implement, and update HR policies, procedures, and employee handbooks
- Drive a fair and consistent application of HR policies and procedures throughout the region
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations across all levels
- Change Management
- Drive initiatives around organizational development, culture, and change management
- Lead efforts onorganizational effectiveness and employee engagement
- Facilitate training and development programs
- Reporting and Data Management
- Utilize HRIS systems and other HR tools
- Responsible for reportgeneration
- Analyse HR data to identify insights and trends that inform strategic decision-making
What expertise & experience would you need to have to play this kind of role?
- 8+ years experience in the HR in strategic HR business partnering and Talent Acquisition
- Experience working in fact paced, agile and entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent Problem solving and analytical skills
- Comfort working as team player, but posses strong Independent presence to business
- Strong consulting and collaboration skills and ability to partner with multiple global stake holders
- Ability to travel internationally upto 10% of the time.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.