Senior Business Development Manager
New York City
Business Development – Business Development /
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
As part of Nium’s Americas Sales team, you’ll have the opportunity to partner with industry leaders in multiple strategic industries, including financial institutions, travel and technology and be part of our team of seasoned payments experts. You’ll collaborate across functions, working with teams including Account Management, Product and Compliance. Ultimately, our aim is to give our customers the best experience possible and provide innovative payment solutions that unlock business growth.
About the role
As a Business Development Manager at Nium, you will acquire new clients in North America (Mexico, USA, Canada) and generate incremental revenues for the company. You will spend a good amount of your energy understanding new clients, acquiring new clients, regularly analyzing the key clients’ business, operations and performance, and work with the management team and peers in other functional areas to leverage best practices and provide consistent, highly competent sales skills.
To be considered, you must reside within commuting distance of New York City.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
- Embrace an entrepreneurial mindset and the highest degree effectiveness while engaging in sales management, relationship management and account management across the various domains the have our presence such as banking, financial services, credit card processing, e-commerce, or payments.
- Identify, secure, and manage relationships with clients across the region, effectively negotiating and persuading potential clients the value that Nium can add to their business.
- Have a constant drive to go beyond past performance and visibly demonstrate track record beating performance when it comes achieving financial targets via cross-selling and upselling, and ability to generate sales leads, effectively negotiate, and close transactions.
- Work into and effectively navigate the respective financial and fintech regulatory environment.
- Generate revenue from clients, and achieve pre-agreed targets on customer flows, revenues and profitability.
- Calm and conscientiously manage high pressure situations across a range of clients with differing business needs and operating environment across the region.
- Demonstrate business development and consultative selling skills with results-orientation to meet/exceed assigned financial and customer satisfaction goals.
- Proactively scout for opportunities in the marketplace through direct contact as well as partners. The job will involve building relationships with key players in banks, financial firms, marketplaces, e-commerce providers and others to generate qualified opportunities, mapping the account, influencing key decision makers, convincing the client about value proposition and closing the deal.
- 4+ years of technology firm experience, within the financial services domain in business development, sales, strategy or account management experience across US, Mexico or Canada, preferably in payments, remittances and/or prepaid/debit cards.
- You are prepared to educate yourself on the solution, the opportunity, the challenges and present transparently in a consultative professional style.
- You are an analytical and strategic negotiator with a goal getting attitude.
- You create trust through knowledge, authenticity, reliability and a good sense of humor.
- Consistently meets and exceeds both individual and team sales goals.
- Some network of contacts in the region and an understanding of financial, e-commerce, banking, payments and financial services industries.
- Proven experience in having built a pipeline in the region and delivering on ambitious volume and revenue targets, growing year on year.
- A track record of project leadership experience and partnering with a mix of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in leading all aspects of the business development lifecycle for multiple accounts.
$100,000 - $140,000 a year
Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including skills, qualifications, experience, and geographic location. Certain roles may offer additional incentives including but not limited to equity and bonus. Your recruiter is happy to share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors at any stage of the hiring process!
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.