Finance – Finance /
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Where do you come into the picture?
The Finance Officer will work within the Financial Operations team to safeguard our customer funds by maintaining up-to-date reconciliations. Our FinOps Analyst will report to the Head of FinOps and will have the opportunity to evolve in a dynamic environment, taking initiative on operations and supporting our very ambitious growth objectives.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
- Investigate and address any financial queries related to our Financial Operations function
- Take responsibility for frequent reconciliations of international card scheme payments
- Daily responsibilities include bookkeeping duties including maintaining of the generaI ledgers, as well as regulatory requirements for safeguarding clients' funds
- Settlements clearing and daily payments to Card Schemes
- Assist corporate team with the preparation of monthly client funds bank entries and month-end journals
- In possession of a qualification in Business and Computing, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
- Conversant with a strong interest in both IT and Finance
- Good proficiency in Microsoft excel
- Results orientated, proactive and can-do attitude
- Hybrid working environment, 3 days in the office and 2 days work from home.
- Full health insurance coverage.
- Annual wellness stipend for sports equipment or gym memberships.
- Free-flowing, healthy snacks at our Malta office location.
- Professional training and development opportunities.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com