Customer Support Executive
Operations – Customer Experience /
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Where do you come into the picture?
The Customer Support Executive will be responsible for offering client support to internal and external B2B clients and configuring client applications. This is a critical customer-facing position that requires identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving both internal system problems, as well as external customer-related issues.
The role will require excellent communication skills, to be able to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. The Customer Support Executive must be a motivated team player that can work independently, contribute to projects and be willing to assist other team members not specific to their duties.
What would a day @ Nium look like?
- Respond to client queries via email in a professional and timely manner whilst providing a high level and personalized client experience.
- Maintain a consistent and positive customer experience when interacting with clients
- Proactively keep up to date with Nium products, and services to ensure queries are handled in a professional manner
- Perform any necessary configurations on clients’ accounts
- Investigate and troubleshoot client operational technical issues
- Escalate and resolve cases ensuring corporate SLAs are met
- Interact with third-party suppliers and other departments as required
- Prepare documentation for tools and processes
- Contribute to ongoing improvements and updates to processes within the team
- Contribute to project initiatives by carrying out tasks/actions that are assigned to the Support team
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Business English
- A positive person with a can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Being able to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously while maintaining focus
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks as required
Considered an asset
- Firm knowledge of SQL/MySQL and ability to query databases
- Technical proficiency
- Previous experience within the payments industry
- Knowledge of API messaging using REST and use of tools such as Postman
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the use of formula functions
- Possession of an IT-related qualification
- Hybrid working environment: 3 days in the office and 2 days work-from-home
- Health and Dental insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 5 days of winter break time off (over and above national leave entitlement)
- Annual wellness stipend for sports equipment or gym memberships
- Annual eco transport stipend
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com