Senior Analyst - Compliance Operations
Compliance – Compliance Operations /
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
Your Next Exciting Role
At the heart of our commitment to excellence is our dedicated Compliance Team, specifically tailored to onboarding new merchants. The compliance operations team plays a pivotal role in ensuring that Nium's operations adhere to the highest regulatory standards, guaranteeing a secure and compliant onboarding experience for our clients.
Our Compliance Team is comprised of professionals with a deep understanding of global financial regulations, enabling them to navigate the complexities of the payments industry with finesse and precision. Joining Nium's Compliance Team means being part of a dynamic and forward-thinking group that actively contributes to shaping the future of financial services.
As we continue to expand our footprint globally, we seek individuals who are passionate about compliance, possess a keen eye for detail, and are driven to maintain the highest standards of integrity.
What would a day @Nium look like?
- Working closely with the Compliance team of Nium
- Responsible for the detection and prevention of financial crime including fraud, money laundering, and terrorist financing
- Review of new and existing clients’ due diligence for onboarding and monitoring purposes
- Responsible for onboarding decision making and determine risk limits associated with the product
- Co-operate with sales, operations, and project managers to support the customer onboarding process in an efficient manner
- Assist in the development and ongoing improvement of policies and procedures
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- Work experience in Compliance AML/CTF in financial services or banking industry is an advantage
- Knowledge of principals of money laundering/terrorist financing prevention
- Ability to identify red flags and suspicious activity relating to AML, CTF and fraud
- Experience in conducting due diligence on and maintaining ongoing oversight of clients
- Bachelors degree with strong English language skills and solid interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills including macros, and experience using data analytics tools
- Interest and curiosity in understanding regulatory trends and developments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, consistently evolving business environment
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision within tight deadlines
€25,000 - €30,000 a year
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.