Senior Product Manager (Payment)
Product – Product Management /
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
Where do you come into the picture?
The Senior Technical Product Manager is primarily responsible for sharing and delivering the product vision and strategy, as set-up by the Head of Product. By representing the customer and the business needs, the Senior Product Manager is the key driver in coordinating the end-to-end delivery of prioritized roadmap initiatives. Being the domain expert, the Product Manager is expected to translate the stakeholder’s requirements into tangible product features, while maximizing business value. The Product Manager will guide cross-functional teams in the successful creation of products that improve client experience.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
- Manage the Product lifecycle by actively driving the product and respective features, from requirements, through development, up to go-to-market.
- Contribute to the work of the Product function, by sharing the product’s vision and strategy, and reflecting this in delivered initiatives.
- Use feedback provided by the different stakeholders and work alongside them, to analyse client needs and translate these requirements into product features, launched through planned delivery that unlocks value at the earliest.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the initiative’s business case, together with the projected value that will be achieved from delivering relevant milestones.
- Design, implement, and maintain project timelines across multiple internal and external departments.
- Work alongside technical (including Software Engineers and Business Intelligence) and non-technical teams to collaboratively translate requirements into launchable product features.
- Represent the customer’s needs when participating in discussions with the different stakeholders involved at the different stages of the lifecycle.
- Work alongside commercial teams to execute the feature launch roll-out plan, ensuring internal and external training is set-up and set go-to-market targets are reached.
- Track the effectiveness of the launched solution and identify potential product refinement.
- Pro-actively identify and suggest product enhancements based on your understanding of current market trends and competitive players.
- Share product-knowledge, both internally and externally to stakeholders and clients.
Which Skills & Experiences will make you successful?
- Solid previous Product experience in technology and financial services, with a focus on payments
- Be proficient in Excel, SPSS, Modeler or other projection tools
- Be able to commercialize technical products and product features
- Use problem analyses and solving techniques to build quality-full solutions, avoiding unnecessary complexity, and maximizing both client and business value through a prioritized delivery
- Strong customer focus: Embrace a client-centric approach to deliver solutions that primarily effectively address customer needs and are aligned to the Product vision set by the Business.
- Strong technical skills and business acumen – proven ability to execute on the spectrum of technical challenges through to go-to-market and business strategies.
- Polished communication skills and excellent use of language when conversing with clients and/or technical departments
- Ability to condense complex technical concepts into non-technical language for internal and external stakeholders
- Hybrid working environment: 3 days in the office and 2 days work-from-home
- Health and Dental insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 5 days of winter break time off (over and above national leave entitlement)
- Annual wellness stipend for sports equipment or gym memberships
- Annual eco transport stipend
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com