Vice President - Business Development - Australia
Business Development – Business Development /
Nium, the Leader in Real-Time Global Payments
At Nium, we operate at the intersection of an increasingly interconnected world, where the traditional finance industry has been disrupted, and on-demand is in demand. Our payments infrastructure is leading a transformation in payments, enabling anyone, anywhere to make and receive payments instantly, regardless of the location or currency. We currently support:
-Regulatory Licenses and Authorizations in 40+ Countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance
-190+ Pay Out Markets – 100+ in real time
-35+ Pay In Markets
-30+ Card Issuance Markets
-100+ Supported Currencies
Today, Nium is the leader in real-time global payments and the fastest way to send money across borders. We are co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lithuania, London, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, and UAE.
What would a day in your #Life@Nium look like?
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset and the highest degree of effectiveness across Nium’s market leading propositions, such as banking, financial services, cards, e-commerce, or payments.
- Identify, secure, and manage relationships with clients across Europe, effectively negotiating and persuading potential clients the value that Nium can add to their business.
- Work into and effectively navigate the respective financial and fintech regulatory environment
- Generate revenue from clients, and achieve pre-agreed targets on customer flows, revenues, and profitability.
- Demonstrate business development and consultative selling skills with results-orientation to meet/exceed assigned financial and customer satisfaction goals
- Pro-actively hunt for opportunities in the marketplace through direct contact as well as partners. The job will involve building relationships with key players in banks, SME’s, financial firms, marketplaces, eCommerce providers and others to generate qualified opportunities, mapping the account, influencing key decision-makers, convincing the client about the value proposition and closing the deal.
- A proven track record in Payments, E-Commerce, Cards, Financial Services, FinTech or Banking Go-to-Market
- Sales experience in Australia
- A robust network of contacts and strong understanding of Nium offerings
- Commercially focussed and pragmatic, able to identify opportunities and propose solutions
- Ability to understand and tailor approach to individual customers with empathy, effectively playing the role of problem-solver for the customer
- Data driven and analytical mindset
- Results – oriented, client focused and obsessed with simultaneously delivering value
- Self motivated, adept in working individually and as part of a global team.
- Hybrid working environment
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Training & Development
- 24x7 Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Parental and Family leave
- Year-end leaves
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions and robust performance reviews, we ensure that all employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work.
We Care for Our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority. In addition to many other benefits, we offer medical coverage, 24/7 employee assistance program, generous time off policies, and a year-end shut down. We also provide a hybrid working environment (3 days per week in the office).
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more and upskill ourselves. As well as role-specific training, we also offer a global learning stipend.
We Constantly Innovate: Nium continues to be globally recognized for its constant innovations, growth, and employee-centric mindset since our inception:
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues and forging deep relationships. We host company-wide social events onsite and virtually, provide team morale budget and bonding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and much more!
We Thrive with Diversity: Across 33 nationalities and 18+ countries, our diverse and multicultural team embodies our commitment to a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
What it’s like to be a Nium'er
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind.
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better.
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team.
For more information, visit www.nium.com.