Regional HR Director, Americas
San Francisco /
Human Resources – Business Partner /
Nium, Global Leader in Payments
Nium was founded on the mission to build the global payments infrastructure of tomorrow, today. With the onset of the on-demand economy, its single platform for global payments and card issuing is shaping how banks, fintechs, and businesses everywhere to disburse and collect funds instantly across borders. Its payout network supports 100 currencies and spans 195+ countries, 100 of which in real-time. Funds can be disbursed to accounts, wallets, and cards and collected locally in 35 markets.
Nium’s growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries. Nium holds regulatory licenses and authorizations in over 40 countries, enabling seamless onboarding, rapid integration, and compliance – regardless of geography. The company is co-headquartered in San Francisco and Singapore, with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Mumbai, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
We, at Nium, are on a mission to transform modern money movement. We are driven by our co-created values of "seek the simple", "make it better", and "win it together".
These aren't just buzzwords; they're how we do business every day and owned by each and every employee at Nium. We create new rules and new possibilities for a world of open money.
We are looking for owners who can:
-Cut through chaos and ambiguity to simplify complexity at speed and scale
-Remain restless, brave and compassionate, taking accountability to constantly create something better
-Transcend borders to collaborate with trust, empathy, and compassion
Where do you come into the picture?
Reporting to the Global VP of HR, you will play a critical role in delivering the HR plan for the Americas. You will work closely with the Senior Management team and Functional Heads in providing pragmatic and and employee-focused support.
You will be in charge of converting global plans into local actions or projects. This is an excellent opportunity for a resourceful, pragmatic, and solutions-oriented individual who enjoys working with a diverse data base and providing HR value.
What would a day in your life @ Nium look like?
- People Strategy and Leadership; Define and drive the people agenda for Nium in the Americas
- Collaborate and build trusted relationships with leadership to understand their priorities and support in delivering business goals
- Provide HR advice, guidance, and effective solutions to employees at all levels, guided by company policies and relevant employment legislation
- Coach managers on appropriate HR interventions and help them identify and understand people challenges and performance issues
- Provide clear advice on all aspects of employment policies and legislation
- Partner with leaders on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning and skills assessment, ensuring we have the right talent and capabilities to meet business needs
- Partner with the Compensation and Benefits team to provide appropriate local market knowledge
- 10+ years of experience in HR with extensive experience as an HRBP
- Experience working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong consulting and collaboration skills, with the ability to partner with multiple key stakeholders globally
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally with a relevant HR qualification or MBA
$166,000 - $225,000 a year
Salary ranges are dependent on a variety of factors, including skills, qualifications, experience, and geographic location. Certain roles may offer additional incentives including but not limited to equity and bonus. Your recruiter is happy to share more information about the salary range specific to your working location and other factors at any stage of the hiring process!
What we offer at Nium
We Value Performance: Through competitive salaries, performance bonuses, uncapped sales commissions & annual salary reviews, we ensure that all our employees are rewarded and incentivized for their hard work
We care for our Employees: The wellness of Nium’ers is our #1 priority, we offer medical coverage along with 24/7 employee assistance program & generous vacations, and year-end shut down. We also provide flexible working & a hybrid working environement (3 days per week in the office)
We Upskill Ourselves: We are curious, always want to learn more & upskill ourselves: We therefore do not only provide role-specific traning but also offer all our employees LinkedIn learning solutions & dedicated learning allowances
We Constantly Innovate: Nium has been awarded multiple times for its constant innovations & growth since our inception, such as the 2022 CBI 250 Most Promising Fintech Award or the 2021 Financial Time top 50 High Growth companies in APAC
We Celebrate Together: Work is also about having fun with your colleagues & creating great relationships. We often celebrate together through company-wide social events, team bounding activities, happy hours, team offsites, and so much more!
We thrive with Diversity: Nium has always thrived with a diverse & multicultural workforce, with more than 33 nationalities across 18+ countries. As an Equality Opportunity Employer, we are committed to providing a safe & welcoming environment for everyone.
What's it like to be a Nium'er?
At Nium we center our way of work around 3 core values globally:
#KeepItSimple: We cut through complexity, simplify at speed and operate with scale in mind
#MakeItBetter: We build innovative solutions that make our customers' lives better
#WinItTogether: We win in this competitive market by collaborating as one team
For more information visit www.nium.com